Subject Author Posted Replies

2d fluorescent tube , 2 or 4 pin.
I have change a 2D tube, and to save a long round trip I need to identify whether the tube is 2 pin or 4 pin from a photograph. the only marking is 1600 W. Any other clues to show the difference?...
11
11

Free pipe freezer
Would this work? Freeze a large amount of ice cubes. Place trays under the pipe, heap ice on & cover. If it does, it's free. I suspect it'd take too long to freeze.
16
16

EICR known; is there such for Plumbing?
I understand that rented property needs, or will need, a regular Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) inspection. Is there anything, mandatory or otherwise, about inspecting the plumbing?
14
14

[OT] The Renewables misery continues...
Day 7 of the renewables misery continues, relieved slightly due to a LP system pushing in from the west. Solar is, of course, pretty much zero, wind has picked up to a massive 11% of demand from a low...
56
56

WHEEL BEARINGS
5X3 CARRY 530 TRAILER ANYONE KNOW WHAT NUMBER THE WHEEL BEARINGS ARE 8INCH WHEELS HAVE A CUT OUT FOR GREASE NIPPLE

Latest E.ON Next Detail.
Your energy account 4th October 2021 - 17th December 2021 On 4th October 2021 your balance was £0.00 CR 1. We have charged you These charges are based on your meter readings. VAT is included....
2
2

Baxi Bermuda V2 only on pilot light
Hello I have a Bermuda V2 back boiler installed in my rented house but when you light the pilot it a small flame appears but that's all so doesn't fully light. No heating or hot water with seven kids...
4
4

Hanging fairy lights
It's the time of year when I think "there must be a better way" to hang outside fairy lights. We have exposed joist ends and cast-iron gutters, so I've made wire hooks to hang-over the gutter edge and...
16
16

Parkside chainsaw oiler
My cheap and cheerful £79 chainsaw doesn?t appear to be feeding enough oil to the chain. If I take the chain bar off and run the engine a slow dribble of oil does appear at the appropriate orifice...
45
45

Economic ' Heat V Ventilation' to reduce Mold
Elderly couple in terraced house built in 1936 with single skimmed walls. (so no insulating air space between an inner and outer wall). So being careful with not wasting heat is important what with...
35
35

Gen Z wisdom
"there are no such things as birds. What you see are government drones spying on you"
4
4

Puddles quarantine tips ....
Get this single: http://hyperurl.co/p5874q Oh hello. I'm very grateful for my friends. My friend Van Markiton created this track, and I sang it. My friend Keith Roberts shot the video. I'd like to to...

Caster wheels for the man who has everything
£699 for 4 !!!! Apple Mac Pro Wheels Kit | Wex Photo Video
9
9

Kitchen drawer.
I built my own kitchen many years ago. Only bought in parts were doors and drawer fronts. Or rather the drawers themselves were made from PVC mouldings which clip together with a ply bottom - the...
4
4

Flex termination - External
Need to replace external floodlight ? (first of many to have bulb failures I expect) will change to LED as they fail. My current floods are physically connected to flexible conduit with 20mm...
9
9