Subject Author Posted Replies

take me back to simpler days
These are some old 35mm adverts found at the Dome Cinema, spliced together and filmed to keep them available after the conversion to digital projectors. This was the last piece of 35mm film that I...
8
8

I knew it'd come in useful one day
Having recently bought a freezer to keep in the garage, I needed an extension lead to connect to the only permanently live socket (for my car and tool battery chargers) in there (the rest are switched...
17
17

LED lamp for old projector
I have an old transparency projector (SVE Picturol Model Q, <>).It currently has a 100W B15 bulb, but I am not thrilled by the wiring arrangement and would prefer to run it with a low-voltage lamp....
7
7

[OT] London Underground Trains
I used the underground extensively for the first half of my life. I recall often sitting waiting fo departure at East Finchley on sunny days, with the doors open for some time. During that time a...
59
59

chain links
I hate working on push bikes but I am having to fit a new deralier gear unit....Do all bike chains have links?...this one doesn't seen to ...so do i just take off the two wee gear wheels or do I just...
20
20

Playing digital audio through a 1990s amplifier
I've got an early 1990s hifi setup with tuner, CD, tape deck and amplifier that I would like to use to play my digital music collection. The amp has a spare aux input with RCA connectors. I think I...
85
85

OT: why do socks have seams?
Why do socks have seams, which always end up under your toes to annoy you? Can't we in the 21st century make socks with one piece of material?
49
49

Gmail pastes text as pictures - how to disable?
Recently Gmail has started pasting text from other applications like Word as pictures - how do I disable this? Can also happen when pasting a list from Word into a forum post. What's going on?
17
17

Going to be really cold in Canada next week, -33 (max!) in Calgary
Pauls heating is working Andrew Calgary 7 day weather forecast including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind, visibility, humidity and UV
1
1

Ashley Banjo?.....
WTF ???????????????
4
4

New Years NOT resolution
This year, like last year and many earlier ones, I won't be writing the *year* into the date section of about a dozen or so cheques in case I write the previous year in error. The last cheque I wrote...
12
12

Mole Grip Springs
I need to replace the springs on my 9" mole grips. Where can I buy them from??

Slotted strut channel
The P1000T is the original metal framing strut channel. It is manufactured from a 12 ga. (1.9 mm) strip of low carbon steel. It is a two-inch-wide, twelve-gauge strut channel with half-slotted holes....
2
2

stupid smatpnones
I have been running an Nokia 1100 for about nearly 20 years but was wondering how I am going to manage in this crap new world what with all the requirements to have a smart phone...don't get me wrong...
186
186

iPhone 7 lost all its telephone numbers
As title. The phone was OK a couple of days ago, but now when I touch the green phone icon bottom left on the screen, I get the list of my contacts, but none of them have their phone numbers. They...
16
16