Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Impenetrable British Gas leads to crazy estimate
Since 4th November, when my supplier stopped being Peoples Energy and became British Gas, I have been urged by email to enter my meter readings on the British Gas website. This I have attempted to do...
26
26

Gas portable fire not burning right
Hi I have a gas burner (portable ) and it’s start rowing after I have had it going for short time does anyone have any ideas what’s going wrong

no air flow in an Elica eliplane 80.....
interesting one this: I have an Elica Eliplane which is an over the cooker extractor fan. has two motors in it. It is no longer extracting to the outside world so the kitchen steams up when cooking....
9
9

OT(ish) - will this cover both the house and the shed? Conditioning electric supply.
<> Just wondering if it is powerful enough to condition the mains supply to the shed as well as the circuits in the house. Oh, and how is it stopped from leaking out and starting to condition the...
21
21

Repairing Laminate Worktop
Folks, Does any one have any recommendations for the repair of a laminate worktop where a piece about the size of a 2p piece has flaked off. I see a few products and services but has any one...
8
8

Hotpoint SDD910 dishwasher - bottom seal ?
Somehow it's started coming away from it's fixing and leaking. A cursory look suggests it's crimped in ???? Anyone know how to change one - a similarly cursory google shows clips of people changing...
3
3

Vented water heaters inlet taps
Heatrae Express vented water heaters use a plastic tap on the water inlet. As they are vented the outlet drips by design and so the plastic tap on the inlet gets over tightened and damaged very...
2
2

Party Wall Awards
Three years ago the lady who owned our bungalow was party to a Part Wall Award required by her (now our) neighbours who wanted to build an extension. Now it is my turn, with the same neighbours. They...
2
2

OT Museum of the Moon
I know some people on this newsgroup will find it interesting. if it gets you out of doing some DIY for SWMBO even better. Museum of the Moon |
20
20

Postmix and other rapid-setting mortars
What's in these mortars that makes them set up quickly?I know that some will contain calcium aluminate or similar, that reduces the setting time to a couple of hours or so, but what about the mortars...
2
2

Metal cutting saw
I have a junior hacksaw, the bent metal rod kind, which I use for random metal cutting jobs - steel bolts, bits of copper pipe, etc. It's not very good at it. I thought it was the blades so I replaced...
38
38

Wireless doorbell with mains chimes - recommendation?
in 2018 I bought <>.It has done fairly well for 4 years although the battery bell push stops working from time to time. A joggle of the battery, or replacement, gets it working again. Now it seems to...
36
36

removing dash cam mount from windscreen
Any tips on easy removal of dash cam mount secred with 3m tape?
11
11

Re: Missing furniture screws assembly nightmare
With a variety of different furniture options available, this company has been able to deliver products that perfectly suit the requirements of businesses across industries.
3
3

Petition to oppose Blair's Knighthood
If anyone is looking for the petition to stop the Knighthood, it's here - Tony Blair is to be knighted with the highest possible ranking in the new year honours list, Buckingham Palace has said. Sir...
36
36