Subject Author Posted Replies

Another kettle question
I discovered some minor chips on my kettle. I also discovered that the kettle is the same colour as my car. I used a car touch-up paint pen to repair the kettle. Is this inspirational or likely to end...
4
4

AA membership
I'm no great believer in this since it was privatised However I understand in America one can use someone elses membership ( with their permision)for a tow. Is this the same in the U.K.?
5
5

Trojans and PUPs
I wonder sometimes just how critical some of these viruses are to general activities. I have one computer that is absolutely rotten, if you believe malwarebytes, but it has a number of indispensable...
25
25

8" battery chain saw ?
anyone use one of these, I think it would be handy for trimming some hedge, I doubt if it would be used often maybe every couple of years for approx an hour. I did read though that some dont require...
5
5

Is this bollocks?
Of a Facebook group a person with an unspecified broadband issue has been advised to get the house earth checked as “Believe me, it happens all the time in office premises I used to be a...
22
22

Searching for a replacement heat exchanger for a Baxi Bermuda back boiler unit
At some stage I am going to need a replacement heat exchanger for an elderly but otherwise in GWO Baxi Bermuda 45/4E BBU. Baxi have confirmed that neither the original part (Baxi part no. 233910, GC...
53
53

3D Printers
Are the file formats for 3D printers standard, please? I ask as, from time to time, I see designs with files supplied which which would be quite useful- the latest is a neat 'extension' to allow the...
8
8

Opinions wanted: is this value for money?
The Best LED Floor Light From Serious Readers With Daylight Wavelength Technology. Our Most Powerful Floor Light, Best For Hobbies And Reading. Recommended For Eye Conditions.
12
12

SOT: Smeg kettle
I am looking at a 'luxury' kettle for when I move. I really like the appearance of the Smeg 'Retro' kettle, which is (as they say in marketing) 'reassuringly expensive'. However, some reviewers as...
57
57

Paraffin Heaters
We used to have a couple of paraffin heaters, they were portable so they could be used pretty much anywhere heat was needed. I haven't seen or heard of a paraffin heater for many years now. Do people...
32
32

Shelf Bracket Screws
I have just taken delivery of the following brackets: plan to put up a 4' x 9" shelf to carry some computer kit including 2 x NAS weighing 10 lb each. The screws they have supplied are 1.5" x 8 (I...
21
21

Octopus price rises announced
Apparently, from January, my electricity bill is estimated to rise by £40 a year, and gas by £100. The cheapest Octopus tariff is fixed for 12 months and would apparently save me £180. I think...
14
14

Do zone valves get “tired”?
Just had to replace a CH zone valve that has probably been the cause of my CH system’s intermittency. It looks like the motor is just too weak to push the valve switching mechanism far enough to...
26
26

Gone quiet again
Either that or my newsfeed is mucking about. Brian
32
32

Replacing spectacle lenses
My wife has a pair of relatively cheap reading specs that our new dog got hold of the other day. Somehow the dog managed to pop both lenses out of the plastic frame without leaving any significant...
7
7