Subject Author Posted Replies

Hex bit holder problem
I have three or four bit holders similar to this one:- of them releases the bit by pulling the sleeve back towards the drill that it's mounted in, the others release the bit by pulling the sleeve away...
4
4

Strange triangular security bit - any ideas what it may be called?
I am trying to get into a cordless battery case without destroying it. As far as I can see (they're down rather deep holes) the anti-tamper screws that hold it together have triangular socket heads...
26
26

Jaguar XF 'Bonnet Open' fix
My god. I've heard people being quoted £400 to fix this Red Warning Message that stops you locking the car... ..shouldn't have slammed the bonnet so hard after filling up with screenwash. Took me a...
1
1

CO2 alarm - sensor out of date, battery backup in date.
Ei261ENRC Carbon Monoxide Alarm I've just noticed that the sensor should have been changed in 2018. The whole unit is due for change in 2023 (I assume because the built in Li battery backup is out of...
7
7

Win 10 pro not file sharing with other PCs.
I have a desktop PC running Win 10 and with a cable connection to my LAN. Laptop with Win 10 Pro connected via wi-fi to the same LAN. The desktop 'sees' the laptop on the network, and I can do file...
26
26

Bluetooth earphones
I'm using my Apple iMac Retina 4K to watch DVD's and thus escape from the sitting room where SWMBO is watching sport, a subject I detest. I'm using a set of bluetooth earphones made by "cowin", but...
23
23

shocking diy
Have you thought of living in a more substantial house? Owain
14
14

Oh No a blown LED bulb...!
I thought these lasted forever.. I unscrewed it and thought 'that's funny, where are the electronics?' ... ...and realised that it was just about the last incandescent bulb left outside, that I...

Dummy starter as switch? Fluorescent
I've replaced the fluorescent tube with an LED tube so it now has a dummy starter. The room has a low ceiling and for various reasons it would suit to turn the light on and off via the dummy starter....
14
14

Fenestrating
Patrick Wright uncovers the history of Broadcasting House and goes behind the scenes of this iconic building. Broadcast on BBC 2 on 7 November 1997. Patrick Wright uncovers the history of Broadcasting...

egg crate door replacement
I have a very light weight thin 35mm bathroom door and I have my eye on a white moulded panel door from B&Q for £40 ... I need some high level light into the top hall so I was thinking of cutting out...
51
51

Little Duck
Has anybody noticed the drastic decrease in quality of little duck toilet tissue all of a sudden?.....used to be able to get three 18 roll packs for a tenner from Farmfoods.....now three are well over...
22
22

Sourcing an obscure potentiometer
A friend of mine (no electronics expertise) is trying to source this potentiometer (which incorporates a push switch to turn on/off). it?s physically rather weak and the shaft has snapped. She?s had...
9
9

Wanted: link to BS standard 4008 download (cattle grid design)
I can't justify buying this and, it seems, libraries are not what they once were so I looked around the web ... but without success. This group never ceases to surprise me so perhaps someone can help...
5
5

Cracks in concrete fence post: ignore, repair, or ...?
One of a few "SupremeLite" concrete slotted fence posts bought in 2007 has developed vertical cracks up to 3mm wide and (as best I can measure) 10~20mm deep. Are these best (a) ignored, (b) repaired...
9
9