Subject Author Posted Replies

Does Google maps go on popular searches?
I searched for an address mentioned on TV and I only had to put in the house number and the first letter of the street when it found it. It was 16 Wardle Brook Avenue Bill
12
12

What might these be?
Two brightly coloured plastic faced boards, probably dense hardboard, similar size to a dinner table place met, rounded corners with ypo in lower case? I found them in a cupboard, whilst doing some...
5
5

Rust spot treatment (car)
I've a couple of rust spots, presumably from stone chips, that i'd like to treat and touch up. Recommendations for product/technique would be appreciated.
3
3

Rotting Fence Posts
I have some fence posts that have been rotting on their tops. I know you can get plastic roofs you nail on. Which i don't like. ( Rain water still coming through the nail hole ? ) So far I'm thinking...
7
7

Odd immersion problem
For those that are interested in the sort of odd/weird jobs I come across. GP surgery this morning. No hot water and the business manager said it packed in last week whilst she was off (and questioned...
9
9

Longer immersion
With summer to look forward to I wish to fit a longer immersion element to my tall (150cms) thin (30cms) hot water tank as the current one must be very short as it doesn't heat enough of the tank for...
45
45

conductive crockery?
I have some bowls that get hot in the micro but don't seem to heat the food very well. Comments? Bill
43
43

Halifax Telephone banking and spoken zero or oh
I usually use the mobile keypad numbers to log in to telephone banking on my PC. Today I thought to try speaking the security four digit number. 8043. It accept eight, refused zero, accepted four, and...
18
18

Using Postcrete
I need to replace some broken fence-posts installed insufficiently deep, given the ease of digging them out, by a previous occupant. I have a fence post augur which can easily go down two feet with a...
25
25

M 11.5 bolts?...
Yes 11.5 bolt set screw diameter?. We have a couple of old but in good condition radio masts and there are some very important bolts missing so we order up some online which are galvanised ones, all...
15
15

Talking to yourself
Dash cam footage says that I do it all the time when driving. Anyone-else?
10
10

Motorising Roman blinds to control them remotely
We have a hankering for some Roman blinds but unlike curtains you can?t just yank them open so I?m thinking about motorising them. I reckon the chains and winding components will last a lot better...
4
4

Electricity prices - Standing Charge, Standard Energy and Offpeak Energy
Just received notification from our supplier (SSE): Current Price until 31 March 2022 New Price from 1 April 2022 Standing Charge (per day) 24.11p 43.39p +80% Standard Energy (per kWh) 20.68p 28.46p...
85
85

How to be lazy at christmas - the tree lifter
Sep 15, 2019 - The Original Attic Lift System from The Attic Lift - Our motorized garage lift system is the perfect addition to any house to help with attic storage, garage storage or garage...
16
16

Tool shops in Geneva?
My last trip abroad was to Florida where, because I'm sad like that, I found their Home Depot outlets worth a look. Now I'm planning to go to Switzerland and am wondering if anyone can recommend any...
10
10