Subject Author Posted Replies

cooker warranties
Hi All Just got a new cooker only 600ukp Place we bought it from (on line) offered a warranty of only 7ukp per month from day one for ever as 'cookers only last 3 to 7 years' Manuafacturer offered a 5...
7
7

Attn: Grimples
Are you still interested in a TV card? I have a spare PCI Avermedia A16e (bare card only) I could put it in the post if you want it? http://www.avermedia.eu/avertv/UK/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=357
1
1

Cleaning roof tiles, questions
Just got my son to go on roof and do a test re getting the tiles cleaned and moss removed. Doing a well good job that would remove all moss and clean up the tiles would take around 10 hours with a...
16
16

Shed base hints
A new shed is arriving in a couple of weeks. For reasons of re-use of exis= ting materials, the 10x7 shed will be sited on a matrix of 9 3x2 paving sla= bs (already laid onto hardcore / dry mix) with...
3
3

wiki: Increase hot water capacity
Sorting out this old article. Hopefully this is better... comments welcome NT Does the hot water run out too soon? Some ways to increase capacity: =3D=3D=3DBigger Hot Water Cylinder=3D=3D=3D The...
1
1

Alternatives to downlighters in insulated flat roof .
Hi,=20 Looking for some alternative lighting solutions for a loft conversion. - Loft conversion with large dormer with a flat roof. - Flat roof is insulated with celotex [equivalent] between the...
10
10

Lawn mower engine Q
Looking to buy a Lawn Mower ....... Majority of mowers seem to be fitted with Briggs & Stratton engines .... whenever I have had anything with a Briggs & Strtaton engines it has been very unreliable...
16
16

Trimmer line
I just wound the last of my spool of 2.4mm line onto the trimmer head. It was a Makita line that seemed to perform well. However before I reorder, I remember discussions about square section line, and...
3
3

A new use for apprentices
Get one of them to sit in the van and move it every time the traffic warden than car parking charges. Not that he could have actually done any real work as the massive tattoos he had done over the...
34
34

Plasterboard shelf life.
Got some plasterboard stored on its side in a dry garage for a couple of years. Is it likely to be useable or should I chuck it? Hmmm...ISTR some issues over chucking it at the tip? Cheers Dave R
12
12

Trying to Do It Myself but failing myserably
Hi Everyone, I have just installed UbuntuStudio 12.04 onto a laptop, so that I can learn a bit and try out different programs to make sure they do what I want, before I ditch Windows XP from my main...
1
1

hairdryer smells of garlic
We have a hairdryer that after a certain period of operating, particularly = if turned on and off a few times, releases air that smells vary strongly ga= rlic. This seems to pass and then the smell...
26
26

OT: Remote access software: comments/recommendations?
I'm looking for some remote access software, for home use, just want to work on files between home & my Mum's (fed up with carting files back and forth on a USB stick and not knowing which version is...
12
12

Extractor hood for new oven
I have an opportunity to re-model my kitchen and put the cooker on an outside wall. So I thought I'd go for a gas hob and an extractor hood. A quick glance at the extractor hood market shows a vast...
21
21

LIGHTING
try this Turn your house into a home with Homebase. 🏠 Great deals on outdoor living ✓ Extensive outdoor living & DIY collections ✓ Homebase. Feels good to be home Homebase - DIY That Turns Your...
3
3