Subject Author Posted Replies

Rod's house
I see he's got the leccy in, at last. http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20126/big_27_DSC00294s_1.jpg
5

Insulating Garage Doors
I am replacing my knackered up and over door with side hinged steel doors. As I use my garage mostly as a workshop, I would like to insulate the new doors. Advice welcome on what to use and how to fix...
3
3

Multimeter fuses
My multimeter has stopped measuring things on the 200mA current range. Turns out the fuse is blown. It's a chunky 1A ultra fast acting ceramic number - size is 10x35mm. I had a look around and the...
6
6

OT The men who made us fat (BBC programme)
Just spotted it. As I said it's OT but some might find it interesting.
19
19

I've spent far to long on Google trying to solve this, including finding others who have posted much the same question without getting a full answer. So I'm asking the usual suspects for help, in the...
5
5

Towel Radiator Electric Element wattage?
Just wondered if anyone has some experience here of the effect of different wattage elements used in a towel rail? We have an onsuite bathroom with wet underfloor heating, which is nicely warm in the...
6
6

Using grain filler after sandblasting oak wall cabinet
Hello, I've done a search here after didn't really find out what I was looking for= . I recently bought a dark-oak wall cabinet, which I had sandblasted, to brin= g back the original light-oak colour....
3
3

Musty smell in rooms.
I was just wondering if posters might help me isolate the cause of a musty old house smell I have. I know its supposed to come from damp and mould. I did have a general problem with this . In the...
39
39

Priming a water pump ?
Had a loan petrol driven water pump (small Honda unit) Put pick up hose in water, took screw cap of top of pump ... filled with water, replace cap .. Start pump ... what is in the pump spurts out but...
8
8

Plastering
All the advice I've read about plastering says you should put the final coat on about 30 minutes after the previous coat to let it blend in. I've managed that for about half the job so far, but just...
2
2

That's one less apprentice
A pity as he had a real talent but he would not use it.
52
52

how to treat wood on older shed
I am just about to start and disassemble my shed (10 x 6 ft) the wood is in generally good shape with just one corner needing sorting, a couple of slats and a corner of the floor, will make a new door...
8
8

Is this mould?!
Hi all, We've been having an issue in the bathroom recently where some sort of pale yellow growth appears from the edge of the floor, if you spray mould removing spray on it, it turns dark red like...
13
13

Kindle touch
I've just bought one for my wife. It may well be a great product, but we can't tell! The instructions are so terribly badly written and organised. They seem to be more in the nature of notes of...
9
9

connecting up gas hob
I have a gas hob to be fitted in the worktop of a standard fitted kitchen w= ith laminate worktop. Underneath is a 3-draw cabinet with 60mm pipe space b= ehind. The connection from the 22mm supply...
15
15