Subject Author Posted Replies

Washing Machine Faulty Spin / Out of Balance
Could there be some dodgy connections on a controller board which is tricking the system into thinking its not right? I had this on an old Hotpoint once and it was a five min job for the guy with the...
4
4

So you have seen the Sawboard, now try Routerboard!
Very neat, use the sawboard quite a bit, will definately give this a go. Cheers!
5
5

Aldi Right Angle Drill Adaptor For use with a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver?
Anybody know if the Right Angle Drill Adaptor on offer at Aldi would work with a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver,or is it just for use with drills? Just thought if it works with the Bosch it would save...
10
10

Hedgehogs
Has anyone ever used a hedgehog in a gutter? a good idea but I wonder whether it really works, or if it just traps small stuff more efficiently, causing even more of a problem....
10
10

Flexible plastic edging strip
That would have been an interesting chioce, actually, and one I hadn't thought of. But I'm pleased with the plastic. Thanks. Bert
9
9

What's the correct name for this?
also sold as tool clips
15
15

Mains generator changeover contactor system..
One for the electric's crew;).. We have a need to implement a contractor based mains generator changeover system. Of course this will need to be mechanically and electrically interlocked so as not to...

Re-fixing parquet floor tiles
Hi!=20 A couple of rooms in my house have parquet wood floor tiles. The house was = built in about 1980. A few of the tiles have lifted and become loose. I can= quite easily remove them intact, but...
1
1

Aussie DIY
Rupert Murdoch.
8
8

Base for garden shed
In the same way that you don't make hills out of chalk, only sandstone?
5
5

Heat treatment?
I have a pry bar like this idea why the address says red plastic plugs :-) Anywho, it's basically a piece of flat section steel strip bent to shape, then heat treated [?] in some way so it stays that...
12
12

Worthless 1yr warranties
It's not attached at all. There is a raised circular area surrounding the gas burners - just a couple of mm high. Around the circumference of this raised area are four small indentations (about 5mm...
21
21

OT: MOT advisory: tyres cracking.
Are you now not supposed to drive as fast as possible and let the ABS and ESC look after you?
34
34

OT why make a camera with an old fault?
It does surprise me that you did not get it. They were suggesting (IMHO) that their camera could be used by a blind person.
13
13

Built in furniture
I had a bash at a "built in" furniture project. Description and photos available for those that are interested here: free to hack it about into something resembling English as you go ;-) Your...
4
4