Subject Author Posted Replies

Shower waste with concrete floor
I am finalising the details of the a bathroom refurb which includes a 1000x900 shower enclosure. The shower will be located against two internal walls and the floor is a concrete slab. I understand...
6
6

Building a wooden shed door.
I have just finished resizing and repairing my shed but still have a door to make. I have plenty of off cuts (shiplap tonge & groove) that could be used but must the door `slats` be vertical or can I...
3
3

Yale antisnap cylinder
Hello, Has anyone had any experience with the Yale antisnap cylinder? don't say much about the other cylinders that they sell, so it is hard to compare specification. The Yale appears to cost about...
14
14

Google
What can I use now the groups at Google have finally done the inevitable? I have heard of a good German one but is there a decent British one in the same price range. Anyone know if Virgin support...
26
26

Things that p**s you off...
Two today. Sold a few bits and pieces on Ebay, and each and every one supplied their address in all lower case. So instead of a simple paste job to print out the label, had to alter it. I'd be ashamed...
41
41

X-post replacement flatbed scanner?
Just starting out looking because my old scanner was for a Win2K system and my All-in-1 Lexmark is not really supported after XP. So a couple of initial impressions from a quick Google - looking for...
31
31

Annoying Vacuum Cleaner
Hi all I must have something wrong here - typical bloke never read the instructions and now can't find them! Er indoors bought a Panasonic cyclone "bagless" vacuum a few years back. With considerable...
16
16

Totally OT: Bank account advice
Having online banking, I can log in and transfer money to all and sundry. However, my bank, the Co-op, does not have the facility to make a note next to the payment to say what it is for - like the...
13
13

Flat-screen TV - "temporary" wall mounting
A new tenant of mine has asked me if he can mount his large flatscreen TV on the wall of my property. Up until now I've always resisted such requests because I'm concerned about damage to the (solid...
11
11

Any clever tips for painting skirting board?
Finished laying the engineered wood flooring and have pinned the skirting board to the wall (both new, so no need for any scotia), now just about to start painting. Are there any clever solutions for...
11
11

Paint for a wooden trailer
I've just acquired a trailer which is in need of a refurb. I'm going to replace on the wood with 12mm exterior grade plywood and want to give it a painted finish, unfortunately though I've let the...
3
3

painting slightly rust steel tube
I have some inch square steel tube that I'm using to replace a front rail on a kitchen unit in front of a hob (not space for original rail). I've cleaned it with a wire brush in the drill to slightly...
6
6

Raising stop tap cover
My stop tap cover is buried already under about 12" of earth then loose slate. I need to concrete the drive so will be adding another 4" of crete to the 12" Question is - will the water board...
3
3

A propos of nothing
We've just bought an amazingly cheap shower bath and screen from Grahams. It came on a pallet - the bath was balanced on one end with vertical supports to hold the side panel and bath screen. Which is...
4
4

internal door problem
One of the internal doors in my daughter's flat is shut and will not open. It's a bog standard tubular latch. The door handle turns, but nothing happens. The door opens inwards, so I can't get access...
9
9