Subject Author Posted Replies

Garage floor problem
I have a problem with rainwater getting in under my garage door onto the concrete floor. I need to provide some sort of "lip" (about 25-30 mm high) to prevent this. Should I use concrete for this or...
6
6

PING JGHarston - EVERY road in Sheffield is to be reurfaced?
WTF? Is it true and could you check your inbox or email me please?
7
7

OT Olympic and pick pockets
which point during this video would you become suspicious? At about 39/40 seconds in someone touched his shoulder. At that point I would be aware of it and I would move them off to a safe distance. A...
15
15

Latest bodge exposure
At some point, they built the wall between the bathroom and the loo. As there is no wall underneath there, it was built directly on the floorboards ... ... out of brick. Laid on edge, so the wall is...
9
9

toilet seats
Hi, Can anyone recommend a good toilet seat? I prefer wooden ones, only because I stood on a plastic one once (to reach an extractor fan that was above the toilet) and the seat broke! Luckily, I was...
18
18

Shower tray waste options?
Hi all, Whist buying the shower tray trap the guy in the shop suggested the use of an alternative metal waste fitting to go with. It still had a removable centre so continued to provide access for...
4
4

A lock on a fridge freezer
May sound a odd one this but I need to put a lock on a fridge freezer for a friend whos child is battling obesity I said I'd ask on here as not something I know straight off the bat. I was just...
16
16

Hinge screws
Is this some special kind of hinge? Why would the screws be anything special?
7
7

Further screeded bathroom floor issues.
I have been following the *concrete bathroom floor* thread with interest. I am struggling with how to arrange a shower waste, toilet waste and a basin waste where the builders have brought the sewer...
6
6

UPS questions (and embarrasment)
Having replaced the battery in my servers UPS, I finally decided to really look into managing it via Linux. So I spend a good evening reading the NUT documentation, and ploughing my way through the...
15
15

How much should a bathroom refit cost?
Hi, I currently looking at buying a repo that needs a lot of work doing. Being used to doing my own diy, I've lost track of how much it costs to get things done. But this particular property needs too...
24
24

Disconnecting electricity supply
We have a house and small shop, same building but independent utilities. With retirement (i.e. old age) approaching, thoughts are turning to perhaps closing the shop, and retiring. Quite apart from...
5
5

Steering lock/ignition switch
The ignition switch on my BMW has a number of interlocks - nanny state rules. One is you can't remove the key without putting the car in neutral or park. Just recently, on a couple of occasions, I've...
6
6

Back room pt quattro
Carpets are a bastard to join, so I should have started at the back or at least practised on some scrap, but feck it, I just went ahead. On the plus side, it got better as I progressed and the last...

OT: Olympic security
Seems like G4 have made a right dogs breakfast of the security for the Olympics. But one gas to ask, why was the security put out to a private contractor? £280,000,000 for 10,000 security staff?...
48
48