Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Skegness
My parents have a holiday home in Filey. They had this picture in their hallway couple of years ago when I took the gf there for the weekend I swapped the picture for this one Dad decided the new one...
5
5

The problem with idiot proofing
Is that someone will design a better idiot. Brian
5
5

Re: Wiki: Cable clip
Latest version: [[image:Cable clips |300px]] =3D=3D=3DNails=3D=3D=3D [[Cable]] clip [[nail]]s are hardened, and usually go into [[masonry]]. If getting them in proves impossible, [ pin plugs] may be...
6
6

The problem with arguing with an idiot is....
... that from the outside, it's not alway obvious who the Idiot is. So why, given that Rod is the most obvious blatant troll this group has seen for a long time, do folk expend so much time arguing...
18
18

Misc bathroom refurb questions:
Hi All, Long - short. Mum (82) is finally getting round to getting her bathroom revamped with the kit she bought from Homebase in 2005. Right, so, the big airing cupboard and cylinder have been...
8
8

Roofing material for a carport: corrugated plastic or felted exterior ply or what?
My (painfully slow) carport rebuild now has all the joists in place and I a= m wondering whether to roof it with corrugated plastic - as before - or som= ething different. The original structure...
18
18

Pressure washer problem
Howdy, My "Powercraft" pressure washer (an Aldi product, bought 5 years ago) has just started to "hunt": a pretty un-technical term, but it resembles that phenomenon in an engine, and it also echoes...
9
9

Kitchen lighting
My new house has a 20' x 12' kitchen with 12 x 50w MR16 halogen downlighters in the ceiling. That's a staggering 600 watts of power which no doubt helps to keep it warm in winter but does bugger all...
13
13

Another oops to amuse you.....
This was a Nvidia aswell. It broke when it reached the low 90s C when in use (poor cooling design by Inno3D). Radeons don't break like that. They run at 100C for hours without breaking, they just...
31
31

Reporting SPAM Blogs
Regarding the Algerian IP spam of stolen magazine copy. 's a simple cut'n'paste of the URL, ye don't have to leave any other details....

Second coat of shed paint 'splitting'
Wife bought a shed a few weeks ago, and is setting about making it look 'pretty' with a sage paint. On recommendations here we got cuprinol shades which went on beautifully on the first coat. However...
5
5

Non-contact Infrared thermometer
Looking to buy an infrared thermometer without breaking the bank and also without knowing exactly what I'm looking at - for instance, what is "emissivity" and does it need to be adjustable? I'm sure...
19
19

Re: Cable clip
I've not seen anything about it in my OSG, can you tell us the position with metal clips? NT
6
6

Chainsawing logs..Rule 1
Close the effin kitchen doors and windows when logging up near the house..... 2 smoke is a bastid smell to get rid of indoors :-(
10
10

DIY for insuracne - probably OT
Check also when you get a renewal quote that the terms are the same. If the renewal quote looks reasonable check the small print - an excess of hundreds of quid may have been added (to the existing...
34
34