Subject Author Posted Replies

Round "stoppers" / "fillers" / not sure what they're called
My kitchen fitters left a couple of large holes drilled in cupboards, probably for pipework that went elsewhere in the end. 20mm and 60mm. I want to fill or block them so insects can't invade the...
4
4

Worx H3
Been looking for a cordless SDS for a while. Wanted a lighter 'drill shape' one, rather than the heavy square type IYSWIM. I put up loads & loads of curtain poles & blinds. I've got a superb Makita...
16
16

Water temp
I just measured 21C incomer temp for the wiki, I expected much lower. What's typical for winter? NT
11
11

Thin plywood, where to buy?
I'm looking for plywood thinner than the 'standard' 1/8" (3.something mm) that one can buy most places. I don't need much, a couple of 8' x 4' sheets would probably be all I need for a year or so....
3
3

What is this sort of hinge called? (used to be used on kitchen cabinets among other things)
I'm looking for hinges used on cabinet doors where the hinge pin is visible on the outside, since the hinge pin is in this position the door can be opened a full 180 degrees. Sometimes (the old...
3
3

2 metre drill bits
Has anyone come across a 2m or 2.5m SDS drill bit. Another option (depending which way I can drill the hole and what the bit finds itself going through) would be a drill bit of that length which can...
12
12

rigid board floor insulation
I am going to replace chuck out the floorboards in my living room and replace them with rigid board insulation sandwiched between osb or plywood or hardboard. I'll be using 30mm or maybe 40mm polyiso...
6
6

artex mess
I wonder if anyone can explain a problem I have had with Artex. I had some= artex left over so I thought I'd put it on the ceiling of a walk-in cupboa= rd under the stairs. The ceiling had been...
5
5

white spirit and lamp oil
Want to get a small paraffin lamp going. Is the lamp oil you can buy marketed for lamps simply like white spirit or turpentine you buy in hardware stores? It seems more expensive, but is it any...
11
11

Closing ceremony
Amazing how the crowd responded to Freddy's 'performance' from his grave. One of the best bits, along with May on guitar later.
37
37

lifting heavy stone post/electric winch?
Hello, We have a stone post, roughly 4' tall by 1' by 1'. It's an old gatepost but purely ornamental. It has two hinge pins inserted but the bottom one is so near the base that it is buried. If the...
23
23

Spare bits for a shower door ?
Just been doing some 'maintenance' work (stopping leaks actually :- ) on my shower. The doors are curved glass, and run on anodised ally rails top and bottom. They do this courtesy of two double...
3
3

Simple web editing software?
Maybe stretching the definition of DIY, but I'm maintaining a small club web site where one person (expert) has defined the CSS and someone else is contributing some graphics pages built with...
48
48

2-Stroke suddenly won't start, was excellent unti now
I've been using my Ryobi strimmer all morning on and off, no problems re-starting hot or cold. I stopped and started it several times. Around lunch time it ran out of fuel so I refilled it and since...
19
19

Cable to shed - what type?
Planning to run electrical cable to shed to run a light and fridge freezer. Will pond cable do or should I used armoured? Do I need to consider capacity of the cable?
25
25