Subject Author Posted Replies

Ozzie sewers
Not DIY, but interesting ... Ever wanted to know what happens when somebody illegally dumps a full truck load of cement into a city sewer line? Read this and find out.... thanks to google, here's how...
4
4

Dear Rupert Bear
Firstly get a spellchecker, secondly, though much of what you say is true, if you only just found out about human nature, you are probably a little thick. also most conspiracies are not, conspiracies,...
4
4

Do you know..about Ripa..
[Default] On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 00:52:02 +0000 (UTC), a certain chimpanzee, "Rupert Bear." , randomly hit the keyboard and wrote: From that site; "For example, a crooked building control official...
1
1

Drylining?
I have recently moved into a property, it has awful! (i mean AWFUL!) walls, all been covered in woodchip but badly! apparently they are dry lined which means nothing to me..and so I cant steam it off?...
8
8

Paging Cash
Last year, you mentioned you had an SU HIF carb in your shed; is it still available?
8
8

Security camera question
the wheelie bin was speeding.
78
78

CPC Webfree
I don't think I've seen a post yet* about the latest offer: free delivery on all orders from today until 23:50 on Monday 20 August if you put WEBFREE as an order comment. *It's getting a bit like the...
1
1

Worx H3. Returned
Charged the battery for 5 hours. Drilled 4 x 6mm holes in brick, drove 4 screws in - battery went flat. Returned it to B&Q, bought a Hitachi 18v/3 amp/hr Li Ion jobby from SF. Lovely idea the Worx H3...
7
7

Rescuing slate floor
I had a slip last weekend and dropped a bottle of dishwasher cleaner onto the riven slate floor in our kitchen. I did my best to mop up and rinse, but the floor now has areas which appear bleached....
2
2

OT A level results and Uni places
I was quite pissed off when I learned that all the time we had spent studying kirchoffs etc was easily superceded by the elegance of millmans theorems
129
129

OT: Aldi Reloaded
Regular readers of my columns will know that we visited Aldi 12 days ago and spent £71. I could not tell the difference in the nosebag when compared to Tesco etc. The only difference was a massive...
5
5

Weighing up the comparative costs of two home-heating options
Hello all, I'm trying to determine the cost-benefits (if any) of installing a regular combi-boiler central heating system in my 3-bed semi. The pipework has already been installed by a previous owner....
40
40

Cleaning washing machine door seal.
We have a Meile washing machine that works well. Unfortunately the door seal has developed mould, despite my wife drying it each use. Is there anything that will remove this horrible staining black...
16
16

Automatic room lights
What controls are used for these increasingly popular lighting systems. Onl= y one I can find is Hafele @ =A3200 which seems very steep. I notice some are much more responsive than others. Light come...
16
16

DIY Fibreglass flat roof
How practical is it to DIY fibreglass on a new boarded flat roof of 50 sq. m., and how much would one save over getting some chaps in? I've done a bit of small-scale fibreglassing in the past, and am...
12
12