Subject Author Posted Replies

Some customers do complain
Anyone would think that I am the only person in the world to have ever stood on and killed an 8 week old puppy. I actually feel quite sick, but shit happens.
15
15

Where can I buy replacements?
Anyone recognise these lights? two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5 meter lead and seem to be a sealed unit....
17
17

Li Ion batteries
Just been reading through the safety instructions for the Li Ion batteries on my new Hitachi 18v SDS. "Do not place in a tumble drier or a microwave oven".
28
28

rotten posts supporting porch
Just started painting mother in laws 1930's house and discovered the wooden posts supporting the porch over the front door have completely rotted at the base where they are set into holes in the brick...
12
12

Is it true
Many British employees "prefer a lie-in to hard work", a group of Conservative MPs claims as they call for measures to boost productivity.
7
7

Glow Worm Ultimate boiler firing up but no CH or HW
Pump?
6
6

A question for the old CH gurus please.
Hi all, So, Mums New World / Ascot wall mounted, low capacity, copper HE balanced flue gas boiler has been running fine for the last 30 years. It was inserted into what was a full gravity, coal fired,...
4
4

Sticky Binoculars
I think his mice also have balls. Brian
67
67

No sockets? That's not a problem
The old leccy board guys used to regularly boil their kettles using leads croc clipped nto feeder pillar busbars in the sub stations
7
7

Half round 10mm x 20mm wood mouldings
Help! Does anyone know where I can buy a couple of 2.4m lengths of half round wood moulding 10mm radius and width 20mm diameter. The only place I can find that will do it has a minimum order of a...
7
7

Is it possible to buy a cheap house?
holiday homes, and they all appear to have living restrictions. For instance, you can't live in them permanently because the site they're on closes in the winter. Or you must have another main...
95
95

Second hand I-beams; swing them in or eBay?
I now have two I-beams recovered from the small extension and replaced by serious steel across the whole back of the house. My options seem to be to swing them in for scrap or sell them to someone who...
3
3

Wiring for digital pumped shower (and immersion heater)
I'm looking at fitting a digital pumped shower. The unit goes in the loft and had a wireless remote control. The mixed output goes through a single pipe into the bathroom below. No electrics in the...
4
4

Convert Swan Neck Towbar/ball to flange type?
Hi All, After having a fixed swan nect type towbar on my car for 10 years or so, i've just discovered it's limitations !:=(( What I would like to do (once having checked noseweight restrictions) is to...
14
14

How to access usenet from an iphone
Anyone know a good way of doing this? Is there an app for it? TIA Chris
7
7