Subject Author Posted Replies

What is this clip
These: show the brine wastepipe connection at the back of my water softener. There's a plastic right-angle, with a bright white flexible soft-plastic pipe held firm on it by the metal clip. 1) What...
24
24

SSE's justification for the 9% hike in electricity charges
"Thank you for your recent email about our price increase. I am sorry you have had cause to contact us in these circumstances and I hope that my explanation will go some way to restoring your faith in...
55
55

Life is good
I have just given the ex gf a good seeing to and then to make things perfect I found out that there is a new series of Red Dwarf in starting in October.
16
16

Neil Armstrong
http://www.jumbojoke.com/the_benefit_of_experience.html
11
11

Conservatory/verandah new roof - planning permission?
Subject prolly been covered before. It's about 17' x 9' against the rear wall of the bungalow, polycarb roof with typical bowing of the support bars. The 17' is all uPVC windows + a door. Besides it...
3
3

Handrail convention?
Is there an 'accepted' side on which to fit a handrail to stairs? I'm talking about a stairway with a wall both side, rather than one side open with a bannister rail. My logic is to fit it on the...
25
25

Any ideas for putting a washing machine motor to good use?
Having recently scrapped my 30-year-old Zanussi washing machine, I stripped it for potentially re-usable parts. The part with the greatest potential is the motor, but I've no idea what to use it for!...
41
41

"Yellowing" brilliant white gloss - any solution?
In common with many others, I've recently experienced severe yellowing of white gloss paintwork, within weeks of application. All due to the reduction of VOCs in 2010 legislation. I have some more...
9
9

Short exposure?
Thought some of you may appreciate this one: http://www.ted.com Ramesh Raskar presents femto-photography, a new type of imaging so fast it visualizes the world one trillion frames per second, so...
3
3

wiki: Neon
Input welcome NT ==Neon indicator lamp== [[image:Neon |right|200px]] These tiny lights are used as indicators. They've been replaced by LEDs in modern electronics, but are still useful for mains power...
47
47

RIP Neil Armstrong
112
112

Making a 3 legged garden table
I could esily build a 4 legged one but prefer the look of a 3 legged tripod type layout of the legs apart from that the previous owner has done a poor job of laying slabs so a 4 legged would never be...
10
10

Removing paint from obscured glass
Got an over-door glass pane which some idiot managed to get paint on many years ago - very messy edges but not actually a very thick layer. The glass has a fine bobbly pattern which makes physical...
11
11

where to get oil-based coloured eggshell paint
Where can I get oil-based eggshell paint, either in a range of colours, or colour mixed ? I need some creamy coloured paint to match the kitchen units and oil-based, to paint on the bottom of the cut...
3
3

screen background in XP
I have a .jpg picture (800 X 632 X 16M - 45kb) which I'd like to use as my screen background. Can it be done ? If so, how ?
24
24