Subject Author Posted Replies

Loctite on 3D printer build
I have bought a 3D printer (Ender3 Pro). Looking at YouTube videos looks like there is quite a bit of assembling involved . Now with RC buggies etc, when putting metal screws into metal a dab of...
6
6

Oil tank questions
We have a small (1200 lt) oil tank (no gas here). Being that small means that we often run out in winter or when the price is high for some other reason. Luckily I was able to avoid the price rise in...
43
43

Lidl right angle drill
Lidl has a right angle cordless drill on offer today. £17.99 body only and the same for the charger and 2 battery. 4 battery £20. Somewhat of a bargain compared to 'better' makes.
28
28

[SOLVED] Which plaster?
PB boards on insulation on a solid wall, as a plastering newb which plaster should I use for filling all the gaps, screwheads etc?
14
14

Coloured crystals emerging from concrete
Last year I made a wall by pouring/shuttering concrete, later painted it, over winter the paint flaked off and what appeared like ice could be seen on the bare concrete, I assumed moisture had come...
43
43

OT: British Gas refusing card payments
Had my gas bill this morning from British Gas. I normally pay immediately, using my credit card (Barclaycard), but BG is refusing both my credit card and my debit card, even though there's plenty of...
11
11

OT: Investigation into Amazon's shady practices
For those who have shown interest in Amazon's practice of signing you up to Prime: the UK government was up to the job first. The tech giant has known for years that its Prime subscription sign-up...
2
2

I want to stop weeds growing in a particular place
Hi I have a couple of gardening issues, although I'm not a gardener. I had a new patio laid and along one edge is an old brick wall, with a slight gap so that we can get it redecorated etc. However,...
19
19

freeview to be made available online ?
Needing to get a television roof aerial and cables installed for our freeview television. Have got to wondering if its likely in the near future roof aerials will no longer be needed ? And then the...
16
16

bloody firefox
why does firefox want to keep upgrade every five minutes...firefox used to be nice and simple with none of this stupid upgrading....looks to be too bloted now what with pocket and loads of other...
11
11

Hedge trimmer shot?
My Bosch hedge trimmer seems to in its death throes. It'll run for a while then cut out. Given some time it'll run for perhaps 30 sec. Even the first time, when I'd been using it a lot, it wasn't hot...
10
10

I built a thing
I got fed up with the pile stuff that always seems to cover any flat workspace in my office, so decided to see if I could organise it a bit. Came up with this: the odd typo lurking!
11
11

bloody insurance
anybody noticed recently that car, caravan and house insrers are now all emailing you saying your renewal pack will shortly be arriving in the post then they renew without sending you one?....
39
39

washing machine microplastic filters
Anyone got one? It?s seems that some folk feel that we?re killing the planet with all the microplastics from our washing machines. Personally, I find it hard to get too worked up about something we?ve...
20
20

Heating system expansion vessel
Covered before I know but this is from a different angle.. The internal vessel in my boiler is just about large enough to handle the cold to hot system expansion: remaining between 1 and 2 bar....
1
1