Subject Author Posted Replies

Cold water to the combi and to bathrooms.
Getting myself ( as usual) overly complicated in my planning for the plumbing. The DIY component is going up all the time because the plumber we had booked in to do the work is off long term sick and...
2
2

Viton O-rings
Anyone know of a stockist of Viton O-rings who would be willing to send a handful to Ireland yet won't rip me off for what is letter postage? I need four (five for luck) of 41mm x 2.5mm, but must be...
4
4

Wall fixings advice sought
Hi, Any help gratefully accepted! I've been trying to attach a speaker bracket to a wall in the house (1895ish Victoria terrace). The wall is the main front wall of the house, so is presumably brick...
23
23

Should have gone to school?
That's not the whole story, remember the gold leaf electroscope at school? Current will flow into the bird until it attains the same potential as the wire. The charge they take will depend on their...
31
31

Spray paint on stainless steel
Hey there, new to the forum, just had a few questions. I have some stainless steel football signs that I made in work, selling them on ebay at the moment, sold a lot but a few buyers have asked if I...
8
8

Apprentice moment
This morning all the trunking he was asked to store in a safe place last night had gone. Thats because he stored it in the bin room and this morning was collection day.........
21
21

Bi-fold patio doors
I am contemplating replacing my conventional sliding patio doors with new bi-fold doors. Currently I have a small step down to the patio, but was thinking of going to a common floor level. Obviously,...
10
10

Ceiling cracks at plasterboard joins
My sister is hoping to brighten up her kitchen/diner and there are a couple of these cracks, caused by people going up into the loft from time to time and a bit of stuff stored up there. There's no...
5
5

Karcher "window cleaner"
Has anyone got one of these, if so are they any good?

External Window Ledge Flexible Grain Filler?
Can anyone suggest a suitable repair material for filling the minor grain cracks from expansion and contraction with the seasons in a south facing hardwood window ledge? It really gets toasted in...
1
1

Any suggestions for cleaning waching machine?
Not really a current problem (AFAIK), but something I occasionally think about. The last time I saw inside our old washing machine drum (i.e. the plastic outer one, when I had the inner stainless one...
17
17

Dirty hot water mystery
We have a pressurised HW system (an Albion Ultrasteel cylinder) with a external 18L expansion vessel. For some time now we've suffered from intermittant dirty water supplies which we suspect was due...
26
26

Broadband Speed Test
Just went to USwitch and used their online broadband speed test. My Zen connection returns: Download = 10.1Mb Upload = 0.3Mb This download speed is way faster than the closest competitors Sky (6Mb) or...
138
138

"Nuclear" weedkiller for drive ?
My pikey-done tarmac drive to the garage (not used for car storage) is breaking out in weeds (the tarmac is only tissue-thin). There's no lawn to either side of the area. Can anyone suggest something...
23
23

Bow in Ceiling
Hi After my previous post on Latex Paint on a ceiling, I followed good advice and scraped it all off - and it took me days! Anyway I have had the ceiling skimmed and it looks spotless - except when I...
6
6