Subject Author Posted Replies

Monoblock tap - check valve?
While looking on Screwfix's website at monoblock tap connectors, some suggest that they should be used with a check vale. I've not given this any consideration before, what do people tend to do?
2
2

Monoblock flexible tap connector problems
I got a couple of mixer taps and they came with flexible hoses with what appeared to be female 1/2 inch BSP ends. So I got some 15mm compression to male 1/2 inch fittings, tightened the lot up and...
5
5

EARN EARN NEW GREAT WORK AT HOME
HI, PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK.............IF NEED TO WORK AT HOME

Shower waste problem
My son's shower is leaking and water dripping though the ceiling below. I have traced it to a problem with the waste leaking when someone is standing in the shower (it doesn't leak when just pouring...
2
2

Banister Varnish / Stain?
Hi, Following a loft conversion I have some new stairs - the banister wood is n= othing special (light coloured / pine) but I think I'd like to keep the woo= d effect by varnishing rather than...
4
4

Re: OT Hindenberg pix.
most amazing thing about it is not how many people died but how many survived! Tim http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/05/75-years-since-the-hindenburg-disaster/100292/The
58
58

Oh the joy.....
Of having a cordless SDS :-)

OT; Lucky escape
Using my PC earlier and a box appeared saying there had been a fatal error! And I'm still alive! Phew!
3
3

What glue please..
Nothing critical, so long as it stays put. I need to glue some ABS plastic to some of that white expanded foam often used in packing electronic consumer items - hard disks often come packed in this....
7
7

Anyone know if 'Clot' still frequents this board?
Clot! Hopefully you're still around... The issue with the mains water has been solved, after about a bloody decade= ! All it took was the neighbours to move out. Since they have, we have clea= n water...
8
8

Bathroom fans (again)
I'm using TLC Direct to look up fans. They have an application to take the size of the bathroom/shower room and estimate which fans would be suitable. Now the fans they are showing include is a two...
1
1

leaning wall: leave gaps behind or in front of insulation?
I am insulating the inside of an existing external wall. It leans slightly= outwards. My internal (70mm deep) studs are vertical and the insulation = goes between them, and plasterboard will go on...
2
2

Tap and Die wrought iron
I have a front door which has an elaborate cast iron/wrought iron frame. I really don't know which! It looks a bit like this need to drill into it and screw in a small screw - something like M3 or M4....
14
14

CFL Recessed Downlighters
These seem to be common in shops and offices - but has anyone got a view on their use in a domestic kitchen? eg: don't want halogen as I need to get as shadow free as possible in a galley kitchen. I...
6
6

Spam from parts4tools.co.uk
Does anyone else get spam to an email address given to Parts 4 Tools? I gave an exclusive email address and now have the occasional phishing email and spam to this address.
9
9