Subject Author Posted Replies

Toilet/washbasin electrical safety
I suspect I have asked for advice on this before! Current situation is a single place toilet with separate room for handwashing. Farm premises with visiting drivers and light industrial...
8
8

I broke it again...
Or at least it looks like I have as seeing no new messages or threads for some time. Brian
3
3

OT: Sod's Law
The brightness of my TV started playing up last week. Top half of the screen was as normal, but in the bottom half the brightness gradually dropped off going further down the screen until the picture...
7
7

Magnetic filters for CH and DHW systems
Three questions: 1. Do they use electro-magnets, traditional iron-based magnets, or neodymium magnets? 2. If the last two types, how do they get switched off for cleaning out the magnetic crap they've...
4
4

light and flexible roofing sheet
I am building a beehive, a long hive not unlike the Drayton seen here is to have a lightweight lift-off barrel roof, for which I need a weatherproof flexible sheet that I can form around curved timber...
18
18

Lawn protection
About 1 sq metre of my lawn gets a bit trodden down during wet periods as I step onto it to reach the rest of the garden. I was thinking that a piece of protective mesh could be laid on top, for the...
15
15

"Smart" blind motor AM43
(passim) after much research plumped for a cheapy Am43 "smart" blinds motor from the middle kingdom. So far so good. Works with the proprietary app via BT. However, have no idea how to get it to work...
4
4

OT: direct debit to DVLA
I am updating my address details for my driving licence and form V5C. According to the DVLA website, You need to 'Update your Direct Debit ... If you pay for your vehicle tax by Direct Debit, you need...
11
11

Tyre replacement
Nowadays, for several reasons, my Mondeo annual mileage is low, mostly occasional motorway trips, some with a caravan in tow. The tyres, Goodyear ContiSportContact 235/50 R17 96 W Date code: 1215,...
19
19

Garden Hose
My existing Hozelock garden hose is beginning to look a bit the worse for wear, with kinks forming each time I wind it back on the reel. I suppose it is over 20 years old, so not too bad for light...
12
12

Mystery engine component
I was at an agricultural museum the other day looking at a very early Ferguson tractor engine (1937 I think) and there was an odd component on he side of the engine I couldn’t identify and it’s...
14
14

Lithium Ion battery packs for handheld hoovers.
Someone has given me a handheld hoover to look at. It is a HoLIFE HLHM036ADUK which I presume came from the middle isle of a German supermarket. It "charges up" but then pressing the on button results...
10
10

OTish - Farcebook help
Since Tuesday, I have been semi-unable to log into the dreaded FB. I have a session on one PC still logged in. However on my other PC, no password works and requesting a reset code results in me...
2
2

Acceptability of UPVC cladding?
Still trying to waterproof my gable wall. 3 blocks of 2 and 3 story 1975 era brick built flats. One resident has suggested UPVC cladding, another thinks it won't be allowed by local planning for...
9
9

ANother Utilities Bill Issues
I have a house that I am trying to sell that is empty but I am still paying the old amount for electricity via DD each month. I have now amassed a credit of over £2,100. I can claim a refund of £500...
9
9