2 satellite dishes on one house?

Is this allowed?

I have heard it suggested that you need PP to have 2.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I found this the hard way when my dear neighbour reported me. That was about 10 years ago and planning requirements have changed quite a bit since then and in most cases, they have relaxed rather than tightened.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

That's what I thought too, or for one over 1m in diameter

Reply to
Andy Burns

You live next door to dennis?

He would be the first to grass you up for for doing such a thing.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

My first thought, too.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I have a TV aerial, a DAB aerial, an FM aerial and a dish, better hope dennis doesn't snitch

Reply to
Andy Burns

But he is such a jobsworth. You have no chance.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Do you use any of them to attack or intimidate others?

Reply to
dennis

Since you can fit two or more LNBs on the same dish these days, there is no point anyway.

Reply to
John Rumm

Err not exactly, but I hadn't seen antennae and dishes lumped together for the maximum count of two, did previous planning guides state explicitly only one dish without permission? I thought the problem used to be flats where one occupant installed a dish, effectively blocking the other occupants from having their own?

As John says, there's not much need for more than one dish anyway, a quad or octo LNB on 28.2E and perhaps another LNB on 19.2E to get pick up F1, or a motorised one if you want "the lot", why would someone choose multiple dishes?

Reply to
Andy Burns

So how does that work if you want to view two different satellites?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

See

is a limit as to how wide a span you can get with a single dish.

Reply to
Michael Chare

An offset arm on the boom of the dish allows multiple LNBs at different radial positions.

With a fixed dish, that allows the on-beam sat to shine onto the primary LNB, and off-beam sats to shine onto the offset LNBs, if the offsets are calculated carefully.

This will only work if the different sats are all fairly close together. You can't go off-beam by more more than a few degrees with a fixed dish.

Reply to
Ron Lowe

Well its not a problem that I care about. ARW is a weird type that has strange morals, more like the morals of a criminal. Reporting crimes against people isn't grassing whatever ARW thinks. Reporting planning infringements that don't have a direct effect is a waste of time, let the person that cares do it. Anyway I have two dishes up. One with a faulty LNB that I just can't get too without effort and a new one that's in an easier place.

They are out of date anyway, you really do need sky, freeview, dab and FM as well as the external WiFi.

Reply to
dennis

I don't have sky (though Mr Murdoch does send correspondence for a Spanish resident to my address) just FTA satellite. I installed DAB and FM a long time before satellite, made sense to put them up while I was up there, the amount of time a radio is on in the house would eat several GB of data per month, and my bandwidth is barely sufficient for SD iPlayer, let alone HD

What's WiFi got to do with it?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Not sure, but have you considered multiple LNB's on a single dish? They don't even need to point to the same satellites, I have a 60CM dish with a quadLNB for usual FreeSat reception, with a single LNB pointed at Astra

19 degrees so I can pickup F1 from those nice German people at RTL.
Reply to
MarkG

I meant the planning rules

Its another needed aerial which makes five, hence the reason the planning rules are out of date.

Reply to
dennis

Ah, I'd read it as "do you really need" rather than "you really do need" ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , geoff writes

Dennis - my wi-fi (well, I have two actually), gives a good enough signal all over the house and garden - what do you think you need an external wi-fi aerial for?

Reply to
geoff

you might have two houses that would benefit from a pair of uni-directional Wi-Fi aerials.....

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen H