Subject Author Posted Replies

uPVC door recolouring
Now that the Management have "Approved" the many many hours blood, sweat and tears from replacing the kitchen accoutrements inc' cabinet doors (Extremely mirror finish black, custom size and effin...
3
3

uPVC stockists Norf Lundin / Herts?
Hi All, I'm looking for a good supplier of uPVC profiles, probably associated with supplying the double glazing trade please? I used to have one locally and they were very handy for all sorts of the...

Wanted - minimalist paint spraying device - what's possible?
What's the cheapest/simplest way to be able to spray paint? It's just to get paint into odd inaccessible corners on our boat, down in the bilges and the inside of the (box section) bathing platform....
21
21

Wiring to shed
Shed in question is 10m away from house. I was going to use armoured cable (6mm?) and just plug into socket in house and drill hole through wall. Route cable along garden fence, into shed, into plug...
22
22

Cast iron drain pipe disaster
If the end of the 15mm copper isn't jammed against the side of the cast iron, could you fit a push-fit 15mm coupler to another length, lower it onto the piece in there and push the coupler on, and...
17
17

OT: tahograph pulse dividers
Thought i'd ask on here, as i imagine a fair few own vans (or landrovers who want to tow decent trailers for work), and some of them may have added a tachograph to them in the past. Anyone know how...
3
3

Billy Oh sheds.
In desperate need of a new shed at Handyman Towers 11. Choice is between building one myself or buying a ready made. Seen these on the interweb seen very good. But if it seems too good to be true.......
10
10

MDPE pipe query
I'm looking at putting a polytunnel in the garden at the 'back' of our 60 ft long stone cottage (originally 2 farm cottages). There is no water supply at all there and I'm trying to find the best way...
10
10

Immersion heaters
Hi all. I am back for a brief visit and some advice so please don't try to wind me up. Last looked in before Xmas so I have just marked 79,000 headers as read without reading a single one. :-( I am...
49
49

To clear the drain
I chaps. Outside my kitchen window is a drain trap. It is about 3 1/2 foot deep. The feed from the kitchen goes in about 1 foot down, the outflow is about a foot below that. Below the outflow is a...
8
8

Latest fred and george is online
Got those following the lifeboat restoration: Part 13 of a series of videos following the restoration of the lifeboat George Elmy by South Shields boatbuilder Fred Crowell. Filmed in September 2012,...
1
1

Tapcon ... or alternative
I have to fix some 50 x 50 wood uprights to brickwork pillars ... using 10mm frame fixing where hole is reasonably centre of bricks. Sods law for a couple of them the mortar perp is on the centreline....
9
9

OT - Lights going out in three years
risks running out of energy generating capacity in the winter of 2015-16, according to the energy regulator Ofgem. It predicted that the amount of spare capacity could fall from 14% now to only 4% in...
215
215

repairing a damaged car tyre?
I drove over something sharp and punctured car tyre. It has an inch long cut in the rubber right inthe middle of the tread and you can see some cord at the bottom of the cut although the cord does not...
21
21

Composing messages in Thunderbird: layout question
When I am composing an e-mail message in Thunderbird, the individual lines of text occupy about half the screen width, but when I receive messages, even ones I've composed and sent to myself when...
22
22