Subject Author Posted Replies

Fridge ventilation
Argument with kitchen designer... there's no provision to ventilate the fridge... yes but it is integrated! Can you reasonably stuff a fridge or freezer in a wooden box and expect no efficiency...
29
29

Interesting link
List of emerging technologies - Wikipedia
8
8

Down jacket maintenance
Experience a: must wash In down jacket inside, seam have a printed with maintenance and washing the= small label, careful person will be found that 90% of marked down jacket t= o wash, avoid by all...
1
1

underfloor heating under a shower tray?
Is it legal? I can't find any reference... Anyhow, the bathroom is so small that it might be worth extending the elect= ric mat under the shower space - the shower tray isn't fitted yet and it wo= uld...
8
8

Adding strip of concrete to existing slab
Hi - I have had a look at the great advice regarding adding new concrete to old but have a question about my project. I want to fit a well-sealing garage door in my new house. The previous owner was a...
4
4

buscuit machine or router
I want to do some buiscuitting, I can't decide whether to spend some money on a separate maachine or go with the cheaper option of buying a bit for my router. What i've read so far suggests that it's...
15
15

Only just DIY (but I think some readers will like it)
Just came across this quote from the excellent Microsoft Word MVP web site, highly recommended if you are a reasonably serious WORD user. "By the end of this exercise, you will realise that Word's...
17
17

OT The football is good tonight:-(
The U21 team match ended in a racist brawl following the easiest goal ever and the main match was cancelled due to rain. 5 weeks non stop work and my first proper evening off work is messed up by the...
13
13

Emulsion paint on bakelite
One of the original features in my place is a series of servants' bells in the main room that sound in the kitchen. Naturally not a feature that impresses SWMBO, and they've never worked in the sense...
11
11

plastic front door not right
Bottom bit isn't catching when the door is shut or locked. Any suggestions?
18
18

How important is it to earth a exterior halogen floodlight?
Hi, I want to install a 120W halogen floodlight (with PIR), high up, on my house. It's going to require a long length of cable. I do have a long length of cable, but it's only 2-core. Can I use this...
46
46

OT: website design and creation
After all the encouragement in another thread to redesign my old webpages from scratch rather than using a fancy WYSIWYG program, I've embarked on just that. Would any of you computer gurus recommend...
41
41

Wired door bells revisited
Solved the problem of the lady who wanted a wired door bell in the hall and the garden office. Installed a wired (via transformer) door bell in hall and used one of these; into the door bell or bell...
5
5

OT Webinar Software
I am trying to help a very small charity who want to be able to do webinars. (Hate the term with a vengeance, but not worth getting up tight about it!) Very simply - one person at charity does...
9
9

Boiler controls changed
We've just had our annual boiler service done and when I asked the guy if it had a clean bill of health, he said yes but it needed a bit of tweaking to get the emissions to where they should be. I've...
3
3