Subject Author Posted Replies

What ? Where ?
Quote " That spirit of intellectual playfulness established Molyneux as one= of the most innovative game designers in the world. He helped turn his hom= e of Guildford=97a Saxon-era shire of...
1
1

Seeking masks/inserts for electric socket boxes while plastering
I've got some plastering being done soon (long since given up trying to diy that particular task, along with carpet laying!). The plasterer will of course, as is traditional, attempt to plaster all...
6
6

underventilated suspended ground floor - can using superquilt (or similar) be a solution?
I did insulated a suspended ground floor in the past with very poor results= - the crawled space was under ventilated and the rockwool blanket installe= d between the joists used to get soggy under...
13
13

gap under doors for new carpet
Hi I'm having a new carpet fitted in a bedroom, unfortunately I have 3 hinged wardrobe doors and 1 main door in the room and wondered what clearance there should be between the bottom of the door and...
12
12

Soundproofing
Hi, has anyone had any dealings with or know someone who has of "tom smith soundproofing" ( they claim marvellous things! - can this true? Thanks
14
14

Anyone recommend a phosphate doser for a domestic C/H system?
Hi all, I want to install a phosphate doser into my new central heating system (to reduce combi-boiler maintenance costs). Can anyone recommend one that is inexpensive, and which will probably be...
11
11

suspended ceilings
Does anyone have any experience of installing a suspended ceiling? My front hall needs a new ceiling but there's so much stuff above there I'm reluctant to fit a solid ceiling. Bill
10
10

OT: a not-water bottle
I've one of those gel-filled bottles that is heated in a microwave oven (the sort that was withdrawn from sale due to an old dear killing herself by overheating one). It's getting a bit ancient now,...
10
10

Freeing a stuck plug in a bidet
This is hardly urgent. When we moved into this house ten years ago, we inherited a bidet which has not been much use, as the plug is stuck in the plug hole. There is a plunger type thingy which is...
31
31

Removing Undermount Basin with Epoxied Clips
A Friday night error by a young lady, home from a party. if that's not what you expected.) Would be a relatively easy fix if the b'd that fitted the basin hadn't plastered the clips with epoxy (I...
9
9

Rating appliance V timer plug
Enquiry from my son as dads know everything :-( Would it be safe to use a 2 KW heater plugged into a 1.8 KW timer plug? The heater has options for 1250kw / 750kw or both, one option could be to...
6
6

Power shower
Installing a power shower at Handyman Towers. In the destructions it says a 30mA RCD should be fitted - makes sense. However, it would be much easier to plug it into a convenient socket in the...
13
13

my discussions are sometimes being transferred to other forums?
I've started some thread recently and after a few replies I can't find them anymore...tough, one thread reappeared after a few days?! As I've just found out, my latest thread is now listed on...
108
108

plasterboarding ceilings
Hi, I was wondering, what is the correct way to plasterboard a ceiling? Do you save time by screwing it over whatever is already up there or should you make a mess and pull the old one down first? Is...
21
21

purple cctv
My Lucky Golden Hedgehog CCTV camera gives a surprisingly sharp picture for under a tenner. However it occasionally 'posterises' the image eg all the white lines on the road occasionally turn...
37
37