Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Block Paving/Drive Company Recommendations Hull
Hi all Anyone used block paving/drive laying company in Hull/East Riding area that they would be prepared to recommend. Not sure it's a good idea at this time of year but needs must. TIA Phil
1
1

cut to size door matting
I get a zillion hits for on line supplies but do any of the sheds still do this? The last lot came off a roll at Homebase but not found on their current site.
6
6

led lights
To the person who sent me a message about why they do not make one big led. There was no valid return address on the email so its got to be a reply here. For all those who also or only send replies...
8
8

Soft close solenoid valve for DIY fox scarer?
I finished making my fox (and cat) scarer using one of those noisy impulse = water sprinklers. This is controlled by a PIR which activates a 12v soleno= id valve connected to the garden hose that then...
15
15

Cutting foam.
I've been driven crazy - or rather more than usual - by a resonance on a pair of pro speakers I've bought. It's a tweeter fault by the frequency - and I actually bought new voice coil assemblies for...
30
30

No hot water - only in bathroom
Last night I got back to my flat to discover that the hot water isn't working in one room, here are some further details to help you help me solve my mystery. - I have a gas boiler, - The hot water...
1
1

OT - recommend a 70/30 fridge freezer? - long
We are trying to choose a new fridge/freezer for our new kitchen. The only DIY component is that we are sourcing some appliances ourselves. Howdens offer their own brand (Lamona) or Bosch (although...
42
42

Free phone calls
good. Is there an equivalemt in the UK?...
8
8

Is oak plywood made?
If not, why not? If it is / were to be, what would its properties be? Just curious. Thanks in advance, David Paste.
3
3

Electrolux Twin Grill Replacement EOB975
Hi, I have an an Electrolux EOB 975 oven with fan and grill (specific model EOB975GR1) and the twin grill element has gone so need replacing but I ordered a new one and its slightly different than...

Fatally Flawed have joined the IET
seems the poster known as "PlugSafe" ie IMHO David Peacock has a little sway in making things happen. Or did the IET join Fatally Flawed? Anyone remember the thread about Liam?

Another light bulb thread...
Has anyone found a low energy lamp that will fit a posh bulkhead light fitting[1], has a BC base, and is dimmable? So really it needs to disk out fairly omnidirectional illumination from the side of...
9
9

Water-based Paint
Have been doing a bit of interior painting recently - where I have been using Joncryl primer/undercoat and Johnstone's acrylic sheen. Because I have been switching between the two, I have repeatedly...
14
14

External PIR detectors
Has anyone any recommendations for PIR's suitable for external mounting, wireless if possible but wired would do at a pinch? Just need low voltage low current contacts, something with a decent IP...
4
4

OT I am the luckiest bloke in the world
My last 3 trips to London. I have to leave home at 3.30am and for journeys like this I listen to Radio 2 and switch on the radio TA. For the last 3 trips to London Vanessa Feltz failed to arrive for...
65
65