Subject Author Posted Replies

'It's getting better' says Homebase after Which? slams website
"Which? placed 92nd out of the 96 shopping websites in a study in which over 14,000 consumers took part. B&Q's fared even worse, coming 95th". time I looked the Homobase site didn't list plywood :-)...
32
32

Woodburners & flues
I've got a couple of disused fireplaces I'm going to bring back into use with woodburners. I'll need to fit stainless steel flues. Do all flues & burners have a standard gauge or do I have to worry...
27
27

TOT please don't let your dogs roam
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is a very unpleasant image. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPGBill
42
42

Can a TRV fail with its sprung pin 'out'?
One of our radiators has stopped working completely; ie not a trace of warmth when the CH is on. First port of call was an investigation of the valve, suspecting that its pin might be stuck down;...
17
17

Is it just me ...
... or did anyone else think that last night's Grand Designs project was perfectly hideous ? Location, concept and final execution ? I reckon that 1.1 million would find you something better than...
62
62

Anyone with experience of the Mighty Mac shredder?
I have one, though its got a good throughput it is constantly clogging. It is a PITA unclogging. Clearing it means removing then replacing the bar screen, which is a real fiddle.
3
3

possible causes of boiler pressure dropping
Grrrrr , with AA for boiler insurance for two years but pretty sure they are going to get out of this one as in two years of payment ive never had that "initial inspection" so likely void for first...
8
8

house underpinning/insurance
Does anyone have experience of how insurers view underpinning? In this particular case it is being recommended by a structural engineer prior to a loft conversion and other internal alterations....
12
12

Advice on size and nbr of storage heaters
I am putting storage heaters into a two bed ground floor flat (one flat above). Lounge 12.4 cubic metres, 2 outside walls Bedroom1 8.4 " " , 1 " " Bedroom2 5.7 " " , 1 " " Ceiling about 2.5 metres....
4
4

OT: Today's auction
Lot No: 3115 A pine box and tools including angle grinders Estimate =C2=A38.00 - =C2=A312.00 And for those who have everything else: Lot No: 3180 A Centurion wheel clamp Estimate =C2=A38.00 -...
2
2

Being plagued by tiny flies
We are getting lots of tiny (~3mm long) black flies appearing around the house (S.E. London not in the wilds of the countryside) and I can't find where they are coming from. Is it due to the time of...
26
26

OT: Deodorant
I have a deodorant stick that offers 72-hour protection. Does that mean I only have to wash every three days? My shower gel OTOH gives 8-hour freshness, which implies I ought to shower three times a...
23
23

OT - any Raspberry PI / Debian Squeeze experts out there ?
HI Folks I see CPC are doing the Raspberry PI with Debian Squeeze on a 4gb SD-card for about ?40. Does anybody know if this kit can can a) be set up to auto-run a program from power-on without needing...
52
52

OT, but possibly weather-related
Agreed, though there are a number of Aga owners in here. Group added. Can't say I've noticed anything different in out pressure jet boiler but looking at the Mumsnet thread the problem appears to be...
11
11

Are 3A plug fuses really necessary? Why not always 13A?
Not my question, or belief, but found here... there a counter-argument? Thanks, David. 1: I think iPlayer needs a little more buffering time before starting.
216
216