Subject Author Posted Replies

pir floodlight recommendations plse
Looking to replace some generic 500w pir floods - what would folks suggest I replace with? Same? Other? What reliable brands co I looking for ? Requirement is for "instant" security lighting & running...
23
23

Winch or Hoist
following on from recent post on using a Winch. I am going to be fitting a winch/hoist at far end of garage bolted to a frame fixed to concrete floor. As I have mains power thought it would make sense...
2
2

Lifeboat nearly done
For those following the saga: Part 14 of a series of videos following the restoration of the lifeboat George Elmy by South Shields boatbuilder Fred Crowell. Filmed in October 2012, as the project...
1
1

Adhesives
Is there anything as good these days as the old Rawlplug Durofix ? There's very little left in my last remaining tube - which must be 10 years old by now and most of the solvent has gone !
2
2

Stronger latch for cupboard?
Anyone know where I can get a better version of one of these? pictured one allows the cupboard door to open too easily. I don't want to change it to a standard handle type like you use for internal...
12
12

Stair handrail brackets - spacing?
Hi guys - can someone give me an idea how far apart the support brackets (Screwfix style) for a stair handrail should typically be? Rob
11
11

Powering your Pious!..
You just need some long wave wireless for power wireless transmission;').. .. just make electric power cars practical. That was the easy part, the difficult bit is the "x" number of nuclear power...
6
6

OT: Surround Sound?
I want one, but I don't know what to look for :-) Home Cinema? Soundbar? Surround Sound? Google brings up so many trees I can't see the wood. I'm not sure I know what to search for. What I want is a...
164
164

OT New tax coming.
Apparently we are all to be taxed for using the motorways from 2014. Later perhaps. the system is to be expanded to all roads. The we will soon mostly be driving electric cars, this is probably to...
210
210

Russ Andrews CCTV
Well, Dedicated Micros actually. Fan sounds like a chainsaw on the CCTV DVR. DM offer a 'fan kit' at =A378. Seller on Ebay offers a fan with DM plug for =A316.50 Shiny Hardware offers a fan for...
11
11

OT Insurance Borkers - foreign travel and empty UK house
My wife and I have a house and car in the UK and rent a furnished flat in Spain where we spend a lot of time. We remain UK resident. Anyone know of a good insurance broker for a. Insurance for trips...
27
27

waterflow greatly reduced through combi
My new 38Cdi combi seems to inhibit the flow of water to my bath/shower to a greater degree than I was expecting. I tested the flow from an outside tap which is directly connected to the mains via its...
31
31

'It's getting better' says Homebase after Which? slams website
"Which? placed 92nd out of the 96 shopping websites in a study in which over 14,000 consumers took part. B&Q's fared even worse, coming 95th". time I looked the Homobase site didn't list plywood :-)...
32
32

Woodburners & flues
I've got a couple of disused fireplaces I'm going to bring back into use with woodburners. I'll need to fit stainless steel flues. Do all flues & burners have a standard gauge or do I have to worry...
27
27

TOT please don't let your dogs roam
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is a very unpleasant image. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPGBill