Subject Author Posted Replies

How to solve: door frame is 2'6'' + 5mm wide (sorry about mixed units)
While replacing the architrave around the frame of my kitchen-hall door I n= oticed that the depth of the frame on the striking of the lock edge was abo= ut half that of the non-striking side. Closer...
2
2

OT. Daft question - ground level.
Waiting for SWMBO in a Rochester car park, admiring the medieval city walls. Just above present ground level you could see the tops of some windows or maybe arrow slits - so the original 'ground'...
30
30

OT-Having a package shipped from US-UK
Approximately how much would it cost to ship a low value package from US to UK? It would be about the same size as a ream of paper, but 1/3rd the weight, certainly under two kilos. Don't want the...
25
25

OT I suspect, is my microwave about to die
The light inside my microwave is developing a mind of its own, and when the thing is running will turn itself on and off at random (more on than off at the moment), and it doesn't always turn on when...
31
31

Cats are great...
Until they bring in a live mouse in the middle of night who manages to get away somewhere!!! *sigh*
46
46

radiator air vent O rings - source?
the type with the white plastic "nozzle" similar to point me to a source for the O rings? Cheers Jim K http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290640492303Anyone
6
6

More crackpot ideas

Greeny wankers again
I see the dreamers are out in force, again. Ffs, do none of those wankers pay the slightest attention in school? "Gee, that's great, I could run my house with that." Green springs to mind, with Edward...
4
4

Colour Temperature Descriptions
Permission to scream, sir? Looking for some lamps (CFL and/or LED) and, not wanting Warm White/2700K, nor Daylight, I have been searching with other obvious terms. Have found that sometimes Cool White...
9
9

OT Pasted wrong link NHS:- USA
Ooops!
11
11

OT*** NHS - USA?
http://www.screwfix.com/p/crabtree-5a-unswitched-socket/59778

Pan connector for tight fitting?
I've got a bit of a problem with a close fitting toilet pan, it was fitted in July with a flexi pan connector, as a 'normal' 90 degree connector just would not fit, as the pan end was too short. A...
6
6

Electrical socket from light switch for cctv.
Is it acceptable in the uk to put a socket for a cctv camera off of a light switch? The socket would only be a single and would be at approx 7/8 feet high. I know its possible and that the draw is...
217
217

What does the term "boss" mean wrt rendering?
Can anyone translate the following description from a Scottish Single Survey into plain English for me? "The external rendering on the gable elevation appears "boss", which will likely require...
13
13

Sony Smartphone for the dumb
OK, so I read the thread on internet radio and thought I'd try TuneIn on the SonyXperia mini that someone gave me because she hated it. When I first got it I invested a fiver for Orsnge pay and go,...
9
9