Subject Author Posted Replies

Musical toilets.
Weird today. En suite with WC, basin & shower. Boxed in soil pipe in rear LH corner. Shower to the right of it, basin & then WC along LH wall. The shower waste 'gurgles' after a short while. Initially...
3
3

Expertis on selecting a fluorescent electronic ballast?
I have a bunch of Eglo Giron light fittings. These use a 22W circular T5c fluorescent lamps. For complicated reasons I now have 6 units with no ballasts. All the other units, with the original...
7
7

Bosch blue cordless drill added to washing up in sink
By me. Last night. Left 10.8V little drill/driver on draining board, and put some washing in the machine next to it. Washing finished, and return to find drill half-immersed in water - having slipped...
8
8

MK K3041 Neon Switch Locator - with fluorescents
I think using these has come up a couple of times recently. My experience in case it's useful to anyone. Apologies to anyone for whom this is the bleedin obvious. MK state that these should not be...

OT: ip cam conundrum
Have a few (3) basic ip cams hanging on my home network 2 via homeplugs 1 wirelessly. Bought another to play with & plumbed it in direct to the router yday. I use IpCamLite on an android phone to look...
6
6

buggeration!
Trip to Wickes but could have been any other shed. Remembered to ask the assistant for the plastic nozzle for the expanding foam can. Got home and found it had disappeared.... grrr.. Has anyone come...
15
15

Msg to Allan Mac re my Wallstar 15/20 oil boiler
Hi again. The heating engineer fitted a new control box (DKO 970) on Monday 19/Nov/12, as well as a new solenoid and a new photocell. This was following advice from Wallstar. I had previously passed...
1
1

Oil boiler problem (cuts out)
We have an oil fired boiler that started to cut out a couple of years ago, and was eventually fixed by replacing the control box (Honeywell TF832 3). The same thing started to happen a few weeks ago,...
3
3

Wifi reciever
To plug into my new workshop music system I need to devise or find complete a wifi reciever that will put out a line-out signal for the pre-amp. Initially, I can plug my smartphone in, but I'm...
21
21

OT: Wireless guitar (and other instrument) systems, also in-ear monitors
Not very DIY, but: Has anyone got any practical experience of the various wireless instrument links available? I'm interested in getting a feed from a few acoustic instruments (and an iPad analogue...
12
12

OT: Major workshop music muscle - and two fingers up to the Performing Seals Society
Well, that's a result. Went into my local electrical goods and repair shop, was chatting about a new microwave, as mine's on the blink, and happened to mention I was looking to pick up a used amp for...
6
6

LG22ls4d lcd tv
Good afternoon chaps, I having a problem with my LG TV lovely picture when it works. When I switch it on it illuminates the screen and then shuts down. I figure it's only a capacitor in the power...
9
9

Re: Not quite so scary, but ... - Follow up on the burning hairdryer
The limiting factor for current carrying on any electric cable is not the size of the conductor but how much heat the insulation can stand without deteriorating. Obviously there is more power lost in...

Scrap value of old cooker
I recently bought a new oven from Argos which is to be delivered on the weekend and I paid about £8 for them to take away and recycle our old cooker. Tonight I noticed a wanted ad on our local...
29
29

Tesco must be off their trolley
Anyone else been taking advantage of the Tesco 10p/litre off offer? I tanked up today and got £28 off the price (56lt @ 50p off per litre).