Subject Author Posted Replies

Win7 printer hint
Talk of the WinXP printer woes reminded me of a problem I had to fix recently. We have a printer attached to a WindowsXP box but we wanted to access it from a new Win7 box. Try as I might I could not...
2
2

pumped water supply and megaflow?
Does anyone know if these are any good please, if used in conjunction with a pressurised hot water system such as Megaflo? I'm going to test our incoming pressure/flow rate before going much further,...
12
12

Penetrating damp coming through brickwork (I think)
Dear All, Might someone (or even, many people) advise me on a damp issue I have at my= 1950s detached, brick-built house? Specifically, it affects the internal w= alls at first-floor level,...
17
17

Polo rear washer blockage
the front washer is fine but the rear has not enough umph, it does little more than trickle out. any suggestions for clearing it? I tried inserting a needle and adjusting the angle, but no go. It...
1
1

WC over-flows
Hi all, Do modern WC systerns still need an external overflow pipe? I've been wonde= ring for years why they don't just overflow down into the soil exit pipe an= d save boring extra holes through...
17
17

XP networked printing
Anyone happen to know the trick to sharing a printer across the network in XP so that non-admin users on the client PC can print to it? I've got two machines at home running XP pro, one with a...
14
14

angle drills
Hi, All this talk of people buying themselves impact drivers for Christmas has tempted me too. I've not had one before and thought they were only for loosening stuck bolts. It was a revelation that...
3
3

Will these stop us all .....
..whinging about cfls? will they turn out to be completely useless when/if they ever appear on the market? ;-) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20553143Or
13
13

LCD Monitor
Hi I've got an Acer AL2021 monitor (1600x1200 resolution) that's starting to give me issues. The screen randomly dims, and then brightens up. It does this from switch on. From what I've read about...
3
3

Suggestion for Tile Shops
Hi All, I have come to learn the B&Q are not the best shop for most things (duh!). For wood, I go to the timber yards, for hardware, screw-fix and other local firms. But for Floor Tiles ... I am not...
11
11

Leaking Car Petrol Tank
My wife's car has a leak from the flange where the top and bottom halves of the tank are presumably welded together. I had thought I might find a cheap way of getting it reconditioned but have had no...
23
23

OT DVDs for abusive relationships!!
Unusual request; but I know of a couple where there's strong anecdotal evidence of mental abuse of the husband over the wife, plus innuendo that he's poisoning her since she's become weaker and is...
13
13

OT - fulfilled by Amazon
Following on from my previous post, I have now got a refund authorised by Amazon after one of the traders 'fulfilled by Amazon' sent me the wrong stuff then disappeared off the face of the earth. I am...
7
7

Cutting down heating costs
We currently run a gas central heating system of 15 radiators with two of them turned off (frost setting). My wife is out all day and I am in all day and mostly sit in a room 12 x 6 feet, odd visit to...
23
23

Thermostat abuse!
Is a thermostat the most misunderstood and abused device ever made available to the wider population? I wonder what proportion of TRVs are always set at "5"? How many room thermostats are only ever at...
28
28