Subject Author Posted Replies

Should I relocatr the thermostat?
Rather than try and desribe the room I have linked to a plan (not too scale) of the rooms concerned, location of radiators and thermostat. The question is should I locate the thermo elsewhere as it...
6
6

Honeywell radiator knob
My rads are each fitted with a Honeywell knob that goes from position "Snowflake" to position 6. There is a loose grey button at position 4. What is the point of the grey button? There is a very...
2
2

Multi tool spares
Follow up to the thread about sourcing replacement blades.... You can sharpen the *wood* blades supplied with my Bosch with a triangular needle file. Needle file kit is about the price of one blade:-)
3
3

UK power generation
I notice on grid watch the power requirement at the moment (17:30) is 55.41 GW. Nuclear as usual is flat out, Coal is rising and looks near its limit, CCGT (I presume this is gas) also looks to be...
267
267

Tap and Die Set
A few years ago, I got the unbelievably awful super-cheap Screwfix tap and die set. (Why didn't I send it back? Really don't know - I should have. Maybe I didn't actually use it for quite a while...
38
38

9 car pileiup M6..
somewhere oop norf. be warned if expecting to use it
113
113

CPC/RS or eBay/Amazon?
Just ploughing through a bit more angst in a search for a PSU for my amp. I can get my 12V 5A PSU from the usual suspects e.g. £21.54 + delivery, or £9.80 including delivery. In both cases they will...
9
9

Adjusting concealed WC hinges.
The only WC which my F-I-L is able to use at home (stroke, bust hip etc) ha= s soft close hinges which have become lose where they attach to the WC pan.= =20 Photos are here anyone know for certain...
19
19

12V power supply female tips
Following on from my initial search for a power supply I need to be sure I get the correct tip size. I have found a power supply in the house which fits - 60mA power supply for a radio - and when...
2
2

Any Facebook experts ?
Out of curiosity I joined Facebook when it first appeared on the scene. Never used it except I appear to have 'Friended' (?) Axminster Power Tools and am now getting txt messages with special offer...
20
20

Check valve necessary?
Hi all, Can anyone enlighten me as to what a "check valve" is and do I need one per feed for the h/c supply pipes to a bathroom sink monobloc tap? The Screwfix catalogue says I need to use check...
10
10

Wiki: Window insulation
First draught for comment NT Windows are the main areas of heat loss in most houses, and are usually eas= y & cheap to insulate. =3DDraughtproofing=3D Should be done before any other [[insulation]]....
4
4

Next episode of Fred & George
For those following the progress on the lifeboat restoration: Part 15 of a series of videos following the restoration of the Seaham lifeboat George Elmy by South Shields boatbuilder Fred Crowell....
3
3

Paint Won't Dry!? Help.
My Mother had an old fireplace surround made out of ceramic tiles. They were out dated and due to it being custom made for the house we couldn't cover them, knock them out or put a wooden surround...
1
1

Being stupid - how do I take the top off
I have just bought some Wudcare PU glue - see I cannot for the life of me work out how to take the top off. I don't want to cut it as I want to be able to re-close it once I have used some of it. Does...
10
10