Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - getting my website back online
Completely OT but maybe someone on here can help. My long standing engine tuning website was hosted by a friend who for whatever reason has stopped hosting it as well as deciding not to give me back...
24
24

OT - 400 quid a week in electricity
quick maths @12p per unit that is 10000 units At say 16 hours per day that is around a 100A load. Maybe they plugged in a few lights next door... One Wiltshire family turns their home into a 180,000...
15
15

Re: OT. thunderbird question
I'm sure it used to also work with semicolons but maybe I was asleep. Brian
9
9

OT funny thing
I have a car Fiesta 1.3 Endura 2001 ? 2002. It is fitted with a Ford CD car radio. Up until two days ago the car radio worked fine (and it still does ). Here's the problem; ? about 18 months ago the...
22
22

Replacing combi boiler (like-for like-labour) cost?
We have finally had enough of our Saunier Duval combi boiler which has given us nothing but trouble. The expansion vessel, conveniently located at the back of the boiler, requiring for it to be...
18
18

Silicon grease removal
We have two identical basins in upstairs and downstairs bathrooms. The plugs are push fit - rubbber grommet provides friction to hold centre mushroom up to keep plug hole open. The one upstairs is...
6
6

Damp proofing floor-level timber in situ
three adjoining rooms. Anyway, to cut a long story short, it seems that so= me bright spark built a dividing wall using a 4x2 timber framework faced wi= th plasterboard between two of these rooms....
12
12

Horses electrocuted at Newbury - what was the cause?
I was reminded of this by the power saw thread. In Feb 2011, two horses were killed at Newbury racecourse by part of the paddock becoming live after heavy rain. I wondered what the outcome of the...
10
10

OT: bad experience with parcel2go - be warned!
I've just tried to leave a negative review on the parcel2go website but interestingly it won't accept it; when I look further there only seem to be positive reviews listed (have I missed something?)...
61
61

Conundrum.... which opens first, a 13A plug fuse or a 32A MCB during a L-N short circuit?
Unless you have done the proper calculations and tests then I would not fit a C32 MCB to your CU.
20
20

CU unit location? any rules on whats permitted or not?
I'm moving my CU from a bedroom to the hall way. The only suitable location is above a doorway, so CU is at a height of 2m. Nowhere else is suitable due to the stairs and the front door.. Is that...
3
3

Piping for shower upgrade
I have a single storey cottage and consequentially have very little head to drive a shower. There's an extension that has the shower in it, currently electric. I'm having PV panels fitted so it seems...
10
10

solid core, green/yellow sleeve wire, ~1mm^2
Anyone know where to get some (say 50 or 100m) solid cored cable/wire with green/yellow earth-colour insulation?
19
19

consumer unit
fitted new split load consumer unit it has 3 neutral bars can anyone tell me what bars i use for the neutrals
1
1

Tape marks on marble
Hi, I have a marble fire surround and have had some work done recently on the chimney flue. The plumber stuck gaffer tape on the marble to hold some polyethene on, although he removed the tape when...
7
7