Subject Author Posted Replies

Flashing fairy lights
Bought a set of LED fairy lights of eBay, described as multimode (i.e. various more-or-less irritating flashing modes and one steady on) but able to remember the last setting (simply 'static' sets...
30
30

Philips recalls potentially dangerous GU10 LED lamps
In case any of you have used these GU10 8W MasterLED retrofit spotlamps...
13
13

Which seal/adaptor for this 32mm connection?
I have just purchased one of these to plumb my basin into the 110mm waste (the 110mm waste passes behind the basin pedestal above the floor): 32mm hole has no seal, and the 32mm waste pipe is loose in...
6
6

Volvo parts
Hi Guys My son has asked if I know of a reasonably prices supplier of Volvo S60 T5 oxygen sensors? Or have any suggestions for a cheaper fix? Volvo want £220 for one and £154 for the other. I don?t,...
8
8

Fixing toilets
The new shower room progresses... slowly! Floor tiling done although I now wish I had used wider grout spacing. Fitting the toilet is next on the list and leads to a query... because it is not now...
44
44

TOT Delivery services
I sent a package by RM, 2nd Class signed-for, on Monday this week. I wasn't really expecting it to be delivered until some time next week, but it was delivered on Wednesday morning.
21
21

useless sink overflow connection
The new sink looks lovely etc, but the overflow connection is useless. The = sink has a row of vertical slots in it. The connection is a rectangular pie= ce of plastic with outlet that has a rubber...
9
9

Temporary repair for felted flat roof leakage?
Hi All we have a large-ish front porch which has a felted flat roof. Somthing needs repair... in the recent downpours we are getting water coming into the porch. It seems to be coming in at the corner...
20
20

The Tug Toner
SUBSCRIBE to get the latest #KIMMEL: http://bit.ly/JKLSubscribe Watch the latest Mean Tweets: http://bit.ly/MeanTweets8 Connect with Jimmy Kimmel Live Online: Visit the Jimmy Kimmel Live WEBSITE:...
2
2

Shortening a washing machine inlet hose...
Can anyone tell me a way to shorten a diswasher inlet hose (same as a washing machine inlet hose)? I have one that is about 3m long, but I want it to be less than 1m long. After I chop 2m out of the...
17
17

Opening Philips (Bosch) speakers
On the off-chance that someone else has used these, LBC 3052/03 Anyone any ideas how I get inside them? I fear the metal mesh side strips are machine-pressed over the two halves of the plastic case. I...
6
6

Best choose your circular saw carefully
have 251V ATV so I can use neither:-) http://www.screwfix.com/c/tools/230v-circular-saw/cat830876http://www.screwfix.com/c/tools/240v-circular-saws/cat830878I
12
12

Electric motor burning
Recently bought a 'Silver Crest' electric carrot grater from Lidl. It says in the instructions not to use continuously for more than two minutes at a time and then allow time for it to cool off....
18
18

Combi - replacing circuit board
In message , fred writes Received this today I thought I'd share (a board we send out with a 12 month warranty for £50 ++) "Hi, I found you via Google and wondered if you would be interested in...
12
12

GU10 bulbs - LED type
Friend has a 4-lamp ceiling light which takes the usual GU10 halogen bulbs, 2 of them blew so she went out and bought 2 replacements which were LED ones - same shape and fittings but have what looks...
17
17