Subject Author Posted Replies

Fantasy tool/DIY Christmas...
Good grief. Lay off the Irn Bru.
41

OT that was lucky.
Being a typical bloke I've left it till the last minute to wrap SWMBO present while she nips out to see a relative,only to find she has used the last bit of Christmas wrapping paper in the house. Was...
6
6

Seasons Greetings...
..... to one & all.
26
26

It's bigger on its inside
guy needs to get laid. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20836747That
1
1

Totally off topic.....*Toilet hygeine*
In message , Tim+ writes Three years living in Indonesia living a "normal "life (not questioning where the ice came from or what the salad had been washed in) and, outside the first two weeks, the...
46
46

Smart Charger circuit
Anybody have a schematic for a 'SMART' charger .....or 3 state to give it another name for a Lead Acid Batteries. Have battery charges and several 12V supplies ... be good to make up a SMART charger...
3
3

Apprentice managed to lose a days pay
Mounted slides are quite easy compared to negative strips. They are easier to handle and the software can find the black border easily and remove it. IME with strips there is always a bit of leeway as...
119
119

merry christmas
merry christmas CHARITY DONATION TODAY If you want to help extreme poor,orphan children,and to help for other wel= fare programme, kindly donate amount to JESUS BLESS FOUNDATION. (India ) = =20 You...

Do standard modern plastic baths have same pitch between hot and cold taps?
I want to fit a mixer tap with shower head in place of the separate hot and cold taps. Will the holes be in the right place? (I can't measure the pitch right now.)
7
7

LIDL Tronic low-self-discharge type batteries.
Are they any good? Selling for a couple of quid per pack, before I splash out and replace all my 'normal' NiMH lose-your-charge-in-minutes type rechargeables, I'd like to know if there's anything...
6
6

OTish: source of cheap optics for experiments
Hi all as the title - I'm looking for a source of cheap miscellaneous optical items - lenses, prisms, etc., for doing the sort of physics experiments that we did in O/A-level at school. Second-hand...
9
9

Construction of garage (side) door advice sought.
I'm in the process of replacing the side door to my concrete-slab garage as= it is barely wheelbarrow plus knuckles wide and crack-you-across-the-foreh= ead high. Also it is hinged on the wrong side...
2
2

Saturated Floors
as is happening in Wales and the westcountry at present. dried out before they have to be replaced? I don't think the joists will come to harm unless they aren't dried (and the walls they run...
6
6

Grrr ...
Not when it's physically buggered, the string did the trick though. Having to wait to be allowed to open the door is another Hotpoint->Indesit gripe (if it was powered by a turbojet it might take 3...
9
9

It's a plot I tell you....
I've concluded that tiles are sold as a loss leader & the money is made on adhesive & grout. Large tub of adhesive - enough to cover 8 sq mtrs - did it hell. Ran out at less than 5 sq mtrs - applied...
9
9