Subject Author Posted Replies

Bugger, trying to find an impedance matching txfrmr
d another LV one to match. not going to get nearly as good a result as the original setup. ing what problem you're running into that you can't solve. Foam rubber strip is only a few quid a roll last...
8
8

advice on draughtproofing skirtings?
I want to draughtproof the skirtings, mainly any gaps between the floor and skirtings, I was going to use clear caulk for this job BUT as the floors is a cheap wooden tile overlay stuff I will be...
9
9

PC Speakers - no power supply but I have a drawer full of power supplies!
This is the problem: I have dug out a set of Ozaki 4.1 speakers (carefully all kept together in a plastic bag).. but not with their power adapter. I have a collection of power adapters, and they are...
3
3

OT Old Job Descriptions
A bit early, but I'd guess that things didn't change that fast between 1902 and 1921 (and I do not know when he started his 'shop'). Thank you.
33
33

Black sheath 2.5mm 4 core flex
Looking for only a metre or so of this for speaker tails. I can get white or grey sheath stuff easily - or 1.5mm black. But not the combination I want.
3
3

Applying vinyl tiles to a not-brilliantly screeded conctrete floor..
Neat cement sets too brittle for this purpose, self levelling compound contains fine sand, latex and other additives to prevent this Just mix it like piss and pour it on, give it a wipe over with a...
11
11

vacuum filling ink cartridges
I always fill my own ink cartridges for deskjet printer, my lates hp printer requires a vacuum fill or as near as I can get to a vacuum. Anyone solved this or any ideas. I basically need to have the...
8
8

RIP Gerry Anderson
One of the things I remember was that Stanley Kubrick gave him a bell one day and asked him to do the model making for 2001 A Space Odyssey and he turned it down thinking that it wouldn't go anywhere.
29
29

Home-made roller for vinyl flooring?
I'll be laying vinyl floor tiles using hand-spreaded adhesive. The pros use a hand roller to make sure the tales end up nice and flat. These are expensive hand tools to buy. has anyone found a cheap,...
7
7

Circular saw recommendations
The 16 mil SWA to supply it must take a bit of handling!
9
9

Screwfix wankers
Bloody shut today despite their website saying they were open. Now I will have to go to work in the morning with buggered workboots. Wankers
3
3

OT: Disguised presents?
Hi all and seasons greetings etc. I'm sure I'm not alone here in that if someone gives you a present it's often very easy to tell what it is pre unwrapping with a quick feel and shake? [1] As you get...
46
46

Sound bar
I must have been a good boy, cos Santa delivered a Phillips HTS3111 Soundbar this year. I have it connected like the top left picture here; Soundbar & the TV have Optical thingy sockets, top right in...
27
27

Electrical connection on vintage clock
Elderly relative handed me an electric clock at Xmas and said, "Can you make this work?" Picture here: pins are approx 1cm long, 13mm apart and 3mm in diameter. Does anyone know whether a suitable...
12
12

I am just going to the Kings Head and I may be sometime
Merry Christmas
4
4