Subject Author Posted Replies

Wireless doorbell with different sounds for different bell-push
Hi all, Been looking for ages for a wireless doorbell which makes different sounds depending if it is the front or rear door etc that has been activated. Also programable sounds would be great. Any...
8
8

TOT; Glad I'm a handyman
Daughter (London paramedic) & son in law (Kent policeman) were both on shift new years eve. Bec was on 6pm to 6am as bronze medic, managing the foot patrol teams around the embankment. Between 1am &...
42
42

Refurbishing a house prior to selling: Money well spent??
True. But most house owners look after their houses better than tenants.
20
20

Heating two indirect hot water cylinders
I have a hot water cylinder upstairs which is heated from my boiler, controlled by a thermostat on the tank and a fully pumped central heating system. I have another bathroom downstairs, with its own...
7
7

Update on mixer tap/shower attachment for bath
I thought I'd hold off ordering anything until after everyone is back from the Christmas/New Year break, so this morning I enquired at two separate places this morning, the local family-run bathroom...
13
13

lubrication for oven fan
As per header. What's the best stuff to use? Bill
31
31

Cheap/easy surfacing for drive
The drive in front of my garage is really starting to break up - it was only every nastily laid tarmac about 1mm thick. Now luckily, I don't keep a car in the garage, nor use the drive to keep a car...
45
45

Twitter rules
We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in the Terms of Service. Spam: You may not use the Twitter service for the...
38
38

Tacky rubber/plastics
You can't do much to slow it down as environmental as factors like UV and ozone are mainly responsible for causing the rubbery plastic to depolymerise. My Psion3 failed exactly the same way -...
11
11

Fluorescent tubes flickering (sort of)
tubes, and previous tubes. cloudy / boiling effect that you see in CGI films of the surface of the sun, if you see what I'm scratching at. epilepsy-inducing, but enough to be frustrating. Another...
8
8

un-deforming rubber parts
Can anything return deformed rubber parts back to original shape? (perhaps just application of heat, but what about castor oil or some other magic?) Background: The rubber weather-stripping around an...
8
8

It doesn't happen often.....
SWMBO said this morning "are you going to Wilkinson's to get the paint for the bathroom"? TMH; Wickes, not Wilkinson's. SWMBO; It was Wilkinson's. TMH; Wickes. SWMBO; It was Wilkinson's. TMH; Wickes....
10
10

OT: USB Printer Prevent PC remaining in Sleep State
Hi, Sorry for the OT post but I've had good advice in here previously with OS issues :). I've a USB printer that is stopping my PC from staying in the sleep state, powercfg seems to think it is my...

Making a Shunt Resistor
for around 80-100A >> The issue will be obtaining a suitable shunt ... assuming I use a 1 ohm s= hunt, anybody made one of these ? These shunts are very low resistance and made by the manufacturers to...
47
47

Kitchen worktop problem
In message , The Medway Handyman writes Just heading towards this job... so what sealant should I use?
5
5