Subject Author Posted Replies

Christmas tree unlighting
In message , Broadback writes I believe it's only flashing blue lights that are forbidden. Can I add that those 'modern' strings of all-white fairy lights - and even more so, the deep blue - look...
26
26

Seeking advice: repairing a rice cooker
'kinell, 18 minutes... 10 minutes.... pans/water etc, sod that. Remove packet from cupboard, tear 2cm slit in top (it does make a nice bang at about 1 minute 40 when you forget this step :), bung in...
35
35

Install memory in Dell Latitude E5500 w/o angle grinder
Do you think these are all ex stealth fighter designers who lost eheir jobsand designed this on the rebound, or just bloody minded 'my IQ is the size of a planet' types? Brian
5
5

CCTV questions
There is indeed ICO guidance for private CCTV. There are limitations on use and distribution. Not that it bothered the police who came round yesterday to ask if I'd seen anything when a neighbour's...
17
17

Name That Tune (Film)
The James Taylor version of 'Handy Man' once appeared in a film. Its driving me round the twist but I cannot source the title of the film. Can anyone help ?
6
6

OT: Large computer monitor
You won't go far wrong with value for money if you buy a Samsung .... I have a Samsung 26" (SyncMaster 226cw) great monitor.
75
75

removing lino tiles
How good the bond is will eb the deciding factor. The floor here has vynly tiles (are yours really lino?) but are in reasonable condition witha few bits missing here and there. They are only a few mm...
11
11

OT - Nexus 7 tablet - sold out? X-post
Nice, overall, price, less than I paid for my Tab II 7.0. That was bough= t just before the Nexus 7 was released as I wanted something then not if a= week or three... I did handle 10" tablets but...
31
31

Polyurethance wood glue
Would anyone know of a retail outlet in the London area to buy over the counter 'polyurethane wood glue', not in a sealent tube, but in a pot or container which would give it a longer shelf life ?
16
16

Totally OT: Annual travel insurance - supplier advice sought.
I am with direct line and will be staying simply;y because I had it before that ash cloud and as a renewing customer I am still covered for that sort of thing. New Direct line customers will find...
11
11

Is my soil pipe too high where it connects to the toilet?
toilet outlet and the height of the soil pipe, with the toilet being lower. create a good seal on the bog. The flush is quite efficient, giving quite a blast of water to clear the pan. So I'm hoping...
22
22

[OT] I hate CityLink
That's the story I've been told about Royal Mail in Southend on Sea where mail go backwards and forwards to Chelmsford multiple times to "prove a point" about centralised sorting. Some items take a...
18
18

id this screwdriver bit
Can someone pls ID this (screw)driver bit (ie it's type name). http://tinyurl.com/bamxq68
15
15

nuvico camera files
Does anyone know of anything that'll play (or convert) the video files (.nvf) from a set of nuvico security cameras? I want to pull a couple of frames out in order to try and enhance them, but I was...
6
6

CH Silencer Products
There are some CH silencer products such as "Tower Triple X Silencer". able to explain what they actually do? How they work? (The manufacturers witter on about it being fine to have both the silencer...
3
3