Subject Author Posted Replies

Shelf Bracket
Some years ago I brought a shelf bracket that was just a triangular section longitudonal hollow section metal bar with a slot in it that fitted to the wall and the shelf slotted into it. Very neat and...
7
7

Salter carpet feet
I've mislaid the carpet feet on my Salter 9028 bathroom scales which I now need as I've carpeted the bathroom. Salter say they cant supply spare parts , so I need to find an alternative or make some....
26
26

Curing condensation
Car is parked on north facing side of the house in London. Outside temperature here was about nine degrees midday and dropped down to about two by about eight o'clock in the evening. In the evening...
37
37

Green growth removal/treatment?
My shed as green growth on it and also some of my brickwork I suppose something to do with the weather, anyway how can I treat it please? Regards David
28
28

Best of luck, chaps...
If we can build something and get it launched and get it there with enough time to alter it's course enough. And instead of one big bit, that might miss, get showered by lots of possibly not so small...
16
16

direct 210 l unvented water heater cylinder that has been drained down
Hi l just bought an empty flat, where the water was turned off and the electric too ive turned the electric on but when l turned the water on the direct unvented water heater ( a tribune range he )...
2
2

Interesting energy statistics.
3
3

OT:RIP Jessops
In message , Brian Gaff writes Went in on saturday to get passport photos - lucky that I went back yesterday to get them redone because the PO wouldn't accept them (glasses obscuring my eyes) cheap...
305
305

Gas leak around meter box.
In message , George writes Domestic gas is only explosive in the range of 5 - 15% get a grip
12
12

[OT] Going "paperless"
I wouldn't trust _any_ ISP with custody of my data. Just look at networked, mainly Government, data systems with all their leaks... I'd rather store it all on a single machine without internet or...
36
36

OT:Ongoing power debate ...
In message , Jethro_uk writes Eventually I got pissed off enough of having to get out of the bath covered in suds to the breaker box outside the front door that I paid up and upgraded to 3.3kW
3
3

Water Leak (Part 2)
They look like detergent bubbles did some one drop a bottle of fairy down the hole or where the gas people "enthusiastic" with their leak detector fluid? Nope. You mean you haven't? How strong is the...
31
31

email ... mmmm
I think it might be time soon to go ONLINE with emails XP nearing end of life with no more updatesnd no more updates for IE8 , so sites alrady arguing its an old broweser Thing is , 5 email accounts...
26
26

Novel supermarket lighting
I saw these in a new Sainsbury's store. they LED arrays? I'm not sure. Whatever they are they do the job well. http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/8362657060/in/photostream/lightbox/Are
20
20

Looking for LED dimmable strip light replacement?
problem: alcove with 9" incandescent strip light controlled by dimmer has once again failed due to dearest leaving it on days on end. The fitting plastic has gone brittle brown and crumbly. LED would...
1
1