Subject Author Posted Replies

HELP! Honeywell ST699 programmer wont turn off
i have one of these problem is it wont turn off, even when the switches are in the off position. The lights stay on and the boiler is constantly running. Can it be repaired? Or would a replacement...
14
14

Amplifier cutting out
My technics am/fm amplifier keeps cutting out after ~15 minutes. I only use it with the tuner (having disposed of the CD and cassette players) Power is restored with a traditional tap on the amplifier...
20
20

[OT] Hire car boot size...
Looking to rent a car at Easter, and size of the boot is critical (staying 3 hours from airport for 2 weeks). These two cars seem to be the closest match in terms of size/price/etc - at the photos of...
17
17

small coastal tanker capacities
Can anyone give me some idea of the capacities of small coastal oil tankers? For example, how many litres of oil would the average 4000dwt tanker hold? There are plenty of pictures of coastal tankers...
13
13

'Flex' (flexible electric cable)
I have a 15W Antex that's approaching 30 years on its PVC flex - it's still kinked in the same kinks it was folded in when it was boxed or carded new. Pain in the arse, it is. Another Antex just a...
10
10

Glueing polycarbonate to aluminium
A friend in France needs to glue 2 items together to hold them in their relative positions until they're bolted on to his motorbike. I have no real details, just that it can't be done with clamps etc....
7
7

Lidl Drill
Dunno how they do it but £14.99 for a new 240v hammer drill with a keyless chuck is amazing value; one today, it works, the motors a little bit coarse but I'm well pleased at that price. Its even got...
1
1

Outside electrics sealing
The garden electrics started tripping the RCD so I opened up to investigate. When I installed the kit about ten years ago the insides were clean and dry. Now, there's a lot of mud, moisture, and...
1
1

Suspicious stain on paving slab
With the respite in the rain the last few days (hasn't rained since Thursday) all of our patio (18"x18" slabs) is dry. Except a small patch on one slab. Which rather worringly looks to be over the...
6
6

Water Leak...
Hmmm. Having had a puddle that didn't want to go away, we had been looking forward to a few dry (at least drier) days. But the puddle has actually got bigger. It now looks like it is actually a water...
20
20

Bosch diswasher - mechanical fault
You can get a complete unit from the Bosch soares website. They only take a cople of days to deliver. Bit don't do that! They cost a fortune. Replace the blue arm. On my machine, there is a lever on...
21
21

Baxi HE 80 plus intermittent CH timing problem
Hi, I have a Baxi 80 HE plus which firstly works fine for the hot water system. However for the central heating several times a week, the Central heating does not come on as per timer controls....
10
10

Who was asking about helicoid grease?
Recommended by several and a little goes a long way. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271052175856 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem

Screwfix Leadmate won't set
This isn't the No-Nonsense stuff - it's their previous product. On Friday I opened an unused tube of it, and fortunately applied only a 1/4 of the tube. It is just showing no sign of setting - not...
3
3

Floor tile removal
Uncanny how posts come up for jobs I've either just done, or am about to do. Apropos the Removing Floor Tiles thread, I started removing the ones in the bathroom today. PMF180 multi tool, fitted with...
3
3