Subject Author Posted Replies

Where can I buy a large analogue meter?
Where can I buy a large analogue meter? Big enough to show to a room of people, about a foot long pointer.
261
261

Australians moving house
I am currently watching (well I'm not but son has it on) a YouTube video about Australians moving a house . They literally pick it up and move it . Why is it considered better to move the house than...
12
12

Fitting new SSD
My hard drive (data only) is becoming noisy at times and is very old, probably 12 years. I hope to replace it with a solid state drive. I am looking at a Samsung 870 Evo. I understand hard drives are...
37
37

CombiSave
Is anyone familiar with CombiSave? My boiler is fitted with this device and it does not seem to be working. The heating engineers who installed it are not providing much in the way of assistance. The...
4
4

Bosch Hedge-trimmer
I could fix mine if I could get inside it! I have a driver bit which fits the special screws, but the driver is too fat to go into the deep-set recesses.

NiMh minimum storage voltage
I've received an appliance (actually a warranty replacement) which appears to contain 2 x 1.2v NiMh batteries - see as the batteries are not intended to be user replaceable Two previous units have...
18
18

Bridges v Tunnels.
Which is the better choice, in general, for: 1. Initial building costs. 2. longevity. 3. Ongoing manitenance costs. I assume (yeah yeah) that bridges for 1, tunnels for 2, and I've no idea about 3 but...
17
17

email hosting
-- yes Jonesy
1
1

Hydrocarbons v Ammonia for IC engines.
Hydrocarbons are energy dense and convenient. I recall some noise about ammonia being energy dense and convenient also, but having the touted benefit of not emitting carbon dioxide or something...
30
30

Re: OT: Tree growing from water alone
Why are they giving away free easter eggs ? we've done that in the lab to encourage students to turn up. We have hidden two little 3D printed bunnies in the lab all the students have to do is is find...

OT: cost of reneables part II
From elsewhere. "The UK Net Zero plan (only somewhat modified in the direction of greater realism after the invasion of Ukraine) was basically this: to convert the electricity grid to run on...
46
46

Lubricating UPVC hinges
I have a UPVC door with hinges made of plastic presumably UPVC with a metal pin. The door has developed a distinct creak when opened. Can anyone suggest a suitable lubricant for these types of hinges?...
7
7

Building tiny furniture
Not quite doll's house, but somewhat smaller than the stuff I normally make: Phone stand and desk tidy - DIYWiki
9
9

Smart phone batteries
My not so smart phone had some, but not much water ingress and stopped working. Its death throes involved a lot of vibrating. I dismantled it and kept it on a radiator for a couple days in hope of the...
12
12

Council bulky item special collection - sense at last
Last I heard, our local council were charging £20 for a special collection and disposal of bulky items, up to three items per collection. Some were unwilling, or unable to pay it and no doubt it...
19
19