Subject Author Posted Replies

Recommendations for workshop heating?
I have a small workshop at the end of our free-standing garage (about 3m square, single=thickness block walls, plasterboarded/insulated ceiling, solid uninsulated floor, efficiently draught-proofed...
10
10

Mushroom under shower tray
Hi all, Rather more than a year ago I noticed that a corner of one the wooden floor= boards right next to our shower tray had rotted. I assumed that it was due = to water getting out of the shower,...
8
8

Avoiding condensation
I have a largish workshop most of which is heated, but the 'lean too' of perhaps 600 sq foot is not insulated or heated - it's used for welding and has some heavy machinery (radial drill, 60 ton press...
16
16

Re: Car Boot Lock - Update
This is probably true but what the designers design, the materials engineers specify and what actually gets built after the beancounters have hada look can be very different... Well there ought to be...
16
16

waterproofing leather boots
Want to really waterproof my new leather boots. I have heard that dubbin will rot leather and can soften it too much, and even ordinary shoe polish with its 'spirit' content will dry out leather and...
108
108

Well it is a DIY forum
Where there is a will thereis a way....... Kids living in a slum built on a landfill in Paraguay create The Recycled Orchestra. Unable to afford traditional instruments they instead create all of...
26
26

Anyone got a kenwood chef they don't want
I want to properly knead dough like the new bread makers don't seem to be able to I found out that my brother has "inherited" my mother's kenwood chef, so I'm on the lookout for one
40
40

What do you get if you cross a magician and a cabinet maker?
Nope, not TMH and an Ikea flatpack, but:
9
9

Underfloor ventilation guidelines
Or put it another way, how much is enough? The question: Has anyone got any bright ideas about controlling the level of under floor void airflow, and also setting the appropriate levels? The...
27
27

OT: source for a replacement ear (or finger) clip pulse sensor?
The ear clip pulse sensor for my exercise bike has died and without it the automatic loading system doesn't work. The sensor is just a phototransistor and LED in a clip (with a lead and 3.5mm jack);...
4
4

A whinge...
someone explain to me why would the BBC choose to prioritise this for the IOS over Android, considering that android users outnumber those of IOS by approx 5:1? And yes, I am aware of the added...
9
9

Anyone used LED strip lights?
I've just fitted a strip of white LEDs in my small kitchen - 2 metres under= the cupboards to light the work surface and another 3 metres split between= two plinths. I'm very pleased with the result,...
11
11

Long drill making success!
For my sins I just went to B&Q for a bit of steel and ended up with 1 metre of 10mm(ish) threaded rod as it was the biggest solid rod that they had that would still fit my drill chuck. I used my...
14
14

LED Bulbs Replacement
Took the plunge and replaced my GU10 in the bedroom with 6 of these I am very happy with them. Now looking to replace some 12V MR16 in sons bedroom, as he doesn't seem to understand the concept of the...
31
31

OT: Why is my PC uploading 15Gb per day to the internet
Am having a bit of a panic over this... I recently upgraded my router firmware to the OpenSource DD-WRT and consequently I now have a lot more information available to me than previously about my home...
20
20