Subject Author Posted Replies

Remove fingerprints from Stainless Steel Cooker Hood
Chimney type and just installed. Followed suggestion to use Windolene. This helped a little but also seems to have widened the marks. Surely they can't be this easy to stain? Ideas?
27
27

Shelf Support Pegs - can't find
Hello uk.d-i-y I can't find a shop that sells these. They are are shelf support pegs commonly used in kitchen cupboards. Looking for a store real or virtual that sells them. Cheers Jon
7
7

"Replace BS951 clamp as these are not permitted"
In a quote for electrical work: "Replace BS951 clamp as these are not permitted" Whaaah? A Google search seems to suggest they are still very much current.
7
7

Drayton TRV vs Screwfix 4.79 cheapie
Back in September last, several of our Drayton TRVs failed & I decided to change all of them while the system was drained. Since the shiny (mis)design of the Drayton TRVs make it difficult for our...
8
8

Loft door material
The loft hatch has been enlarged. The old door was ply with two butt hinges (one each side) screwed in. The builders suggested the new larger door could be 25mm MDF and bolt through large T hinges....
15
15

Decorators daily rates?
I don't do a lot of decorating for clients, doesn't seem to be any money in it. I tend to do those 'little jobs', last thing I painted was a 10 x 8 kitchen ceiling & that was part of a list of other...
4
4

OpenTherm - worth it?
Having our boiler replaced I was happily going along with the recommendation of a WB Greenstar 18Ri with HoneywellCM927 until I came across the concept of OpenTherm and modulating direct boiler...
1
1

Infrared Temperature Probe: Any good for improving insulation?
Cold snap is reminding me just how much energy its taking to heat our house. Lidl have an IR probe for sale Thurs for £20 - it features audible representation of temperature hot/cold spots. Anyone...
2
2

intermittent 'bad smell' from airing cupboard area
Our airing cupboard, (containing hot water tank, CH pump & shower pump), occasionally develops a 'bad smell'. I've always put the smell down to it being over-stuffed with towels & bed linen & of...
9
9

Getting my trousers scanned to paint bleach mark!
I bought a pair of trousers at M&S for =A335 and the first time I wore them= I managed to splash some bleach on the knee of one leg. It's quite a small= mark but they are a dark clay colour and it...
20
20

Re: Message center
> your sexual predilections are of no interest to me, ok? http://www.i-slam-mouse.comLook,
3
3

Lidl Infra Red thermometer
Lidl Infra Red thermometer £19.99 from Thurs 24th Jan. prompt for postcode before forwarding to page but you can, "continue without postcode". No mention of a laser pointer but I've not seen one of...
23
23

plasterboard and noggins
On the www there seems to be conflicting advice about the need for noggins = when plaster-boarding a ceiling. Obviously you join the boards along the li= ne of a joist but what about the joints that...
4
4

TOT: Anyone in Reading area?
I have to go to Winnersh RG41 5UX tomorrow for a meeting. Wondered if anyone local could tell me what the roads are like?
6
6

Coild battery retaining spring
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement spring for my weather station. A leaking battery has destroyed a spring. This is roughly what the spring looks like 's AA battery size.
6
6