Subject Author Posted Replies

Dial 3.7V 5W torch charger replacement
Hi, can anyone tell me where i can get a replacement charger for this torch as i lost the original one and now stuck without a torch.

I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagram
My paint/adobe skills are shite and I have a very good 4th year apprentice that needs a wiring diagram for an unusual emergency lighting system. In my days it would have been drawn on the back of a...
6
6

London Pride 2022
Any other Hamsters or DIYers going this year? I'll be the one dressed up as Rambo with a rainbow bandanna. Be sure to say hello if you see me! xx
2
2

Strongboy?! Oo er!
So this thing is called a er... strong BOY. You have to wonder about the minds of tradesmen! Is that why they always have a strapping young apprentice? Strongboy Acro Prop Wall Bracket Hire Melbourne...
2
2

Is Oil Of Cassia a laxative?
Could not locate any Easter Biscuits in the supermarkets, so decided to bake some myself, using the PROPER Oil Of Cassia and not Cinnamon or Mixed Spice. Only trouble is both of us are experiencing...
8
8

What's this multimeter range?
Nothing in the trashy documentation that came with it. Any ideas?
2
2

OT: Speed limiters on cars
I see that the Daily Telegraph is reporting that ministers are actively considering speed limiters on new vehicles to fall in line with a similar EU directive. My Kuga already has such a system and I...
90
90

The spring is sprung..
?the grass is riz, I wonder how my lawnmower is? So, how many tugs did your lawnmower take to stir it out of hibernation? Do you run it dry at the end of the season and use fresh fuel or just bung it...
6
6

nzbs
my favourite nzb search site is no longer online. can someone suggest an alternative?
1
1

One for our electronics experts.
Hoping for some help from an expert. I'm more repair than design. ;-) It is a 70s Lucas Rover ECU. An Oz spec car in the UK, so different part number to the UK ones. And chances of finding a good...
38
38

Router Jig
Can anyone recommend a jig or template type arrangement for a 1/4" basic router? The immediate need is tight radiused corner edges on 9mm ply. Other things I can think of right now are small/large...
3
3

Washing machine failure - door seals
Easy to swap? Not going to be able to get a make and model until she is back from work on Sunday.
4
4

OT Easter Sunday dessert
Totally OT but I have had a stressful week and the gf is cooking an Easter Sunday meal for all the family. I got to choose the dessert. So fuck DIY and fuck work. I am having four days off work and...
13
13

The time has finally come to upgrade the house heating etc
The home combi. finally died last week. After successfully patching up a pin-holed back panel with 2-part plumbers "putty" the boiler lasted the winter but now pinholes have appeared in lots more...
2
2

Sturmey Archer DynoHub Magnet
Hi All I took the back wheel off my "vintage town bike" last weekend and opened a right can of worms...... The problem was I couldn't install the wheel such that the centre of the hub remained static...
1
1