Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Electric Blanket with Memory Foam Mattresses
Has anyone got any real experience of using electric under-blankets with memory foam mattresses? I ask because the jury seems to be out on the subject i.e. some say yes and some say no. Most...
5
5

radio 4 costing the earth / germany energy policy
Interesting programme on radio 4 just now about windmills, nuclear and Germany's energy policy. Available on iplayer I guess. Simon.
28
28

another turbine bites the dust.
's the champagne? Find all the latest news on the environment and climate change from the Telegraph. Including daily emissions and pollution data.
40
40

Wolf oscillating mult tool
Hi hope you can help, i have been given a Wolf Oscillating Multi Tool but hte blades etc are on their last legs. i have seen on e bay many people offering blades etc but the fitting seems to be...
6
6

Drop in water mains pressure
Had to have the old (combi) boiler replaced. New boiler required an upgrade to the gas supply, so decided to have it installed at the opposite side of the house (in the garage) as upgrading the old...
10
10

Phones for very small office
A friend has asked about the best way to change all the 3 phones in her small office so that they can be used with headsets, but also with some sort of easy way for a young person on work experience...
6
6

German Nuclear fuel tax 'formally unconstitutional'
"Germany's tax on nuclear fuel was designed 'to siphon off the profits of the nuclear power plant operators', judges in Hamburg have ruled. The tax exceeds government competence and contradicts the...
11
11

OT: Too windy?
the specs for the thing at the end. don't remember it being particularly windy last night... Bishop Aukland isn't that far away and we are considerably more exposed.
2
2

White foam board single 8x4ft sheet - source?
Does anyone know of a source for single 8x4ft sheets of white foam board? All the suppliers I've found will only sell boxes of a dozen or thirteen. Presumably this is to avoid (or minimise) any...
7
7

Painting outside of house
Outside of house is rendered and previously painted. The paint has flaked off in various places leaving some quite large usightly patched. Is there anything I can use to fill these areas (given they...
6
6

Enabling iPad roaming via text
New 3G iPad on orange needs data roaming for imminent trip. Easiest way on orange appears to be texting[1] but I don't think texting is available on the iPad. I'm thinking the easiest way would be to...
1
1

Unvented DHW wiki
Since it has been mentioned a few times recently, I have updated and expanded John Stumbles' original wiki entry on unvented cylinders to include some more detail etc: etc welcome as usual.
19
19

kitchen fluorescents - back to the drawing board
I am trying to wire up some fluorescent tubes in an "exposed" manner (not i= n a "luminaire") above some kitchen units. After my experience with the int= erference caused by Philips HF dimmable...
10
10

Coming to a government near you..
38
38

Ethernet cables
Where do you buy yours? I especially want the ones with boots over the plugs to stop the retaining clips from catching on things and breaking off.
32
32