Subject Author Posted Replies

90mm soil
Hi guys, With the Geberit frame (foreign job) I got some 90mm (outside diameter) soi= l couplings/adapters. Unfortunately, not quite the angles I need for this p= articular installation. So the...
2
2

DIY telephone wiring (Ireland)
HI Folks We're getting a 'real' telephone/broadband line installed in our shop in West Cork, Ireland. I'm used to the UK / BT situation - where the telephone provider would normally provide a master...
14
14

Garage Door Repaint
9
9

concrete ornaments
how do you acheive the dark edging,and antique look on statues when casting in concrete
5
5

Mysterious Gravity crashing problem
I'm using Gravity with Eternal September and something strange has happened today. I tried to catch up with this group and Gravity kept crashing. Out of curiosity, I tried a couple of other groups -...
9
9

Earthing cable
Because I have a high ELI reading with my TT earthing - around 620 ohms - I want to drive in some new copper rods to see if I can improve it. My question is about the size of the cable from the rods...
10
10

Dishwasher water supply - hot or cold?
New Bosch dishwasher which will take either cold or hot water supply. Given that we have recently replaced the DHW system with a reasonable WB CDi combi I take it that using the hot water supply will...
11
11

Something slower setting than superglue - SATA power connector repair
I have a brand new Seagate 3TB SATA 3 drive with the power connector plastic bit snapped off. Never had it happen before, I suspect a shoddy plastic moulding, but difficult or impossible to prove that...
33
33

8kw heat conversion to centigrade
8kw heat conversion to centigrade
25
25

CH joint leak
I have a slow leak from a joint in a CH pipe (about one drop every minute or two). I tried Plumber's Mait (a cheap version a few months ago, the real thing just now), it still leaks! Any other easy...
9
9

Help with switch (electrics)
I noticed a `fishy`smell when shower was being used. I checked the isolator switch outside the bathroom and it was hot so have now switched off at the main electric box. I have opened up the switch...
12
12

Invisible fixings for removable wall panel: suggestions welcomed
I'm constructing a projection screen which will be semi-permanently mounted: a timber frame fixed to the wall, with a front panel which must be capable of being removed, not often but occasionally....
86
86

Flush timeswitch
Does anyone know of a timeswitch >=13A with boost override that sits flush like other accessories (10mm or so out from surface). The smallest I can find are by TimeGuard but they are not what I would...
16
16

Bleeding radiators and jet engines
Quite. Whoever messes around with jars and so on?
19
19

Derating cable passing across insulated cavity
If I pass a cable across (in one side out the other, not running inside) a cavity wall filled with pumped in cavity wall insulation, do I have to derate the cable as though its entire length were...
9
9