Subject Author Posted Replies

dreamweaver
IS there any DECENT free alternatives to dreamweaver ?
25
25

Combi boiler - hot water flowing too fast, so cold.
We've just got the keys back to our house, after a couple of years in a camper van whilst friends lived here. We've noticed something very strange has happened with the boiler - the hot water's coming...
15
15

OT: more eco home problems
windmill and an air source heat pump so his electric is free. He even gets a small rebate for feeding excess electric into the grid. Swears by it. Though I take 90% of the claims made by people with...
47
47

RCD Trips when lights turned off !
New installation. Four 'uplighters' each equipped with a G24-D2 bulb: lighting circuit two way switched, sourced from the same breaker as other light circuits on that floor. Within two weeks the RCD...
7
7

Solar food dryer made from old PC cases
Hope this belongs here, doesn't seem to fit as a wood or metal project. It's what I like to call "hillbilly geek". I made a solar food dryer from two old PC cases, using one case fan, which is powered...
3
3

Aerosol cans?
Following the recent thread here about aerosol cans.....
16
16

eternal september down again..
Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time. Brian
10
10

So Nuclear Power is cheap?
body that thinks soneeds their heads examining. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21328915http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21201387http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21319031Any
15
15

Data scrubbing?
How does it take three *years* to work this one out?
5
5

Next episode of fred and george is up
For those following the lifeboat restoration: Part 16 of a series of videos following the restoration of the Seaham lifeboat George Elmy by South Shields boatbuilder Fred Crowell. Filmed in January...

35mm plugs
I'm fitting some new [Ikea] kitchen-unit doors to old carcasses, but the pre-drilled hinge holes are in the wrong place. Drilling new holes isn't a problem (and won't overlap the old holes), but does...
7
7

Draughty vents
In almost every room in the house we have a vent like this: they necessary? In this kind of weather I can feel a big draught through them. The house has no gas supply and never has (I get that they...
15
15

Storage heaters stiff
Anyone know how those lift lower flaps inside Dimplex storage heaters work and why some remain easy to adjust while others stiffen up or get completely jammed. I don't want to take the whole heaters...
4
4

How to clean grill and oven racks?
Is there an effective way to clean oven racks when they can't be soaked? These are "pull out" racks with ball bearing runners on them so soaking them in the dishwasher*, would obviously degrease and...
7
7

Favourite TOT Subject: "Sellafield clean-up cost reaches £67.5bn"
"The cost of cleaning up the Sellafield nuclear waste site has reached £67.5bn with no sign of when the cost will stop rising, according to a report." The cost of cleaning up the Sellafield nuclear...
11
11