Subject Author Posted Replies

Boiler flue terminals
Hi I am looking for advice! I need to fit a terminal cage around my boiler flue as it is less than 2m from the ground. I am aware that there needs to be a 50mm clearance between any part of the...
3
3

TOT: Fleetwood Mac tickets sold out instantly
On hearing this week that Fleetwood Mac has annouced a tour later this year, SWMBO and I hoped to fulfil a 30-year ambition to go and see them. Tickets went on general sale this morning at 9.00am so I...
27
27

Gutters are not clogged
The gutters on my home did not include a catch-all at the corners so an am azing amount of water lands in my backyard and floods every year. The edges of each eave don't go into the gutter and run a...
2
2

Why did my lighting circuit trip?
In message , Bert Coules writes Only if they had managed to nibble through the copper, if they have then I really don't want to meet your mice :-) I hope that your problem isn't this one, but it is...
46
46

Lidl multi tool and Aldi multi tool
Recently bought an Aldi multi-tool (reduced). Now I see that Lidl are about to sell their version plus an accessory kit. Does anyone know if the Lidl accessories fit the Aldi multi-tool? Cheers Dave R
12
12

Cost to provide choice of colours
or more likely the stock of finished product in multiple colours tim
12
12

Mounting board for electricity meter
My power supply company want to update my (original sixties) meter. When I phoned them to arrange an appointment, I informed them that the mounting board is crumbling and asked if their engineer would...
21
21

How to cap a chimney?
A job I know nothing about - how would "the panel" close up a chimney, either from above or below. I just want to stop the expensive warm air literally going up the chimney. I've got no gas or similar...
8
8

Filling hole in kitchen worktop
Had my boiler has recently been relocated from the utility room, and I am now left with a 6cm x 25cm cut out in the worktop where the pipes used to pass through. It is a standard chipboard laminated...
9
9

PC Forum recomendations
My desktop PC has developed a problem hafter being unused for a couple of weeks. When I shut down (XP) everything seems to behave normally, Monitor goes off, illuminated buttons go off, but the Power...
16
16

how does an electrical mains-tester work?
> Could someone please explain to me how an electrical mains-tester > works, They don't.
10
10

anyone know of any good laptop deals going ATM?
In message , george - dicegeorge writes But hardly "Bog standard, nothing fancy, just cheap"
20
20

plasterer quotes
would a plasterer invited to quote for an already pboarded out job, expect to supply and fix his own corner beads, scrim all the joints etc as part of his esteemed quote? put another way - would the...
9
9

Window open or closed with damp carpet ?
Relative rented a carpet cleaner and washed the carpets in a small basement room four days ago. Now there is panic, since the room is beginning to smell terribly and we guess the mould or whatever is...
5
5

Apprentice applies for a job
As spectator or participant? We had to make do with swimming or chess club when I was at school ... Owain
57
57