Subject Author Posted Replies

Fred and George
The George Elmy, former Seaham lifeboat which has been restored (see Youtube), is about to sail back to Seaham. Here's a bit about it from the local rag:- http://tinyurl.com/ao9ddk2

Any recommendations for outside floodlights that meet the following criteria?
Must not be CFL... crap in the cold Must not be Halogen... too power hungry That leaves me with LEDs provided it does not cost an arm and a leg Gives similar light levels to a 500 watt halogen Has...
9
9

Waterproof adhesive - availability of BS EN specs on line ?
I have a requirement for a waterproof glue and started to do a bit of googling about it. It seems that such glues comply with BS EN 204, but there are different gradings - I've seen D2, D3 and D4....
12
12

basement drainage channel
So, my north-facing basement wall leaks a bit due to natural slope of the land and 60-odd years of deterioration to whatever coating and drainage might be on the external side of the wall - but it'll...
7
7

Is dry lining needed?
I am having a kitchen extended and as it is fairly narrow I was wondering if I could safe a bit of wall thickness intruding be not having it dry lined - just skimmed. After all, it will be covered by...
25
25

Ford Focus headlight motor - changing
I need to change the off side headlight motor on my daughter's Ford Focus 5 door Hatchback 1999 T reg. I have the Haynes manual on order from the library. In the mean time has anyone done this job? Is...
13
13

Cutting neat rectangular recesses in brick
Is there any way to do this, other than the use of masonry drills to make holes, followed by much work with mallet and chisel? (Which usually gives a result that's less than perfect.)
27
27

Self Adhesive Tape
Self Adhesive Tapes - ABM International, as one of leading manufacturers of BOPP Self Adhesive Tapes, Masking Films and Surface Protection Films ideal for packaging and decoration industries. For more...
11
11

Just how much power can a fan oven consume...?
Folks, We've recently moved and I've finally got around to checking the flat's energy consumption. So I start this morning: 08:00 'day' meter reading 8159 09:00 'day' meter reading 8160 10:00 'day'...
79
79

Pressure washer - connect to washing machine outlet?
As per title really. Is it possible to supply water to a pressure washer by connecting to a washing machine outlet of the sort [1 inch male, external thread type thing] typically found under a sink?...
10
10

Kitchen refurb
I fancy putting a warming drawer in my new kitchen but am baulking a bit at the price of £300-400. Has anyone considered DIYing one in a regular drawer? First thoughts are for a sealed, insulated and...
7
7

There goes the neighborhood...
http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=16407
25
25

What tool for dismantling kitchen/bathroom pillar taps?
Dear All, What tool do you recommend for unscrewing the top hat nut on kitchen/bathroom pillar taps where it has become corroded on? Basin Wrenches seem to be suggested for the back nuts as are the...
2
2

What wood would .....
Having broken up some old kitchen units and put the supporting frame on an open fire the wood burns quickly and pops quite a bit, and it doesn't last for long when burning. It's light in colour and...
11
11

outdoor paint on wood
Got some spring outdoors repainting to do .old sound but v flaky gloss work on fascias & t&g under projecting bay. Thinking belt sander & detail sander etc get worst off, any repairs as necess then ?...
7
7