Subject Author Posted Replies

Building an extension over existing drains
This is probably spelled out in Building Regs., but, seeking a shortcut, ca n anyone give me the main issues relating to the following. I am contemplating building a (two storey) extension on the side...
12
12

A new low of journalistic ignorance
Talking about the Cistine Chapel stovepipe that's emitting black or white smoke. Journalist describes the "copper pipe", when a closeup shot plainly shows a rusty old steel flue. Jesus the Plumber and...
14
14

OT; Comments please.
Anyone care to comment? Medway Awnings - get a professionally fitted garden awning supplied and delivered
28
28

OT - Making black and white smoke to order
How do they do it? The news picture looked like they were burning an old car tyre so that accounts for the black smoke. How will they make the white smoke? Stage smoke machine or something more...
32
32

OT Renewables putting strain on electricity grid in Cornwall
See although I can't imagine you get much of an upgrade in the distribution network for just GBP 4 million. A topic not often considered when advocating renewable electricity.
17
17

Electrical adaptors
I am looking for a specific adaptor which will plug into the mains 230v/240v and have a socket which will take a cigarette lighter plug. I have looked on Amazon , but to be honest those I have looked...
21
21

Old B & S engine (1973)
The even older B & S engine on my cultivator has always been some what taciturn and finally last autumn refused to start. Some 6 weeks ago I bought an equivalent B & S engine that will fit and couple...
7
7

Samsung LCD TV connection to Panasonic Sound Bar problem troubleshooting
Hello, Using the above combination the sound emanating from the soundbar cuts off about 5-10 mins after power up. (After re-setting it occurs at relatively infrequent random times thereafter)...
9
9

tips on painting panel doors
I have always taken my panel doors off to paint them. However I would like to paint them in situe. Any tips please on making sure the paint does not run?
10
10

laminate floor -extending from "wrong" side..
Taken out a built in wardrobe in a room with laminate flooring. Floor is click together flavour laminate. On inspection the laminate is laid "away" from the old robe, i.e. First row was laid up...
10
10

OT; I phone & Blackbery
I get quite a few e mails sent from i Phones & Blackberry's. They don't always put a phone number or address on the e mail. If I reply, does my answer got to the mobile device instantly & is there an...
6
6

Oven (thermometers) again
There was a brief, and useful, exchange about over thermometers here the other day, and I'm going to get another oven thermometer to 'calibrate' our present one. If, as we have always suspected, our...
1
1

any tips for dismantling Rapid Racking?
Hi there a somewhat silly question ... I am taking delivery of some S/hand RapidRacking shelving shortly. I have a bit of this already and although it's decent quality stuff I found it a pig to...
11
11

Daily Express and Bacon Sarnies
I never thought that I would live long enough to read the truth in the Daily Express.
20
20

Infill panels
I have some open sides on an 'open barn' type construction. I need to have airflow, and have seen what might be a solution. On a commercial location .. the new taxi rank entrance to Paddington Station...
7
7