Subject Author Posted Replies

Remote Reading Water Meter (Sensus HomeRider (868MHz)
Hi, Thames water have just installed a new water meter, which has a remote reading function over radio. The installer said they have been looking at fitting the readers to bin lorries to read the...
6
6

Loose tiles
A few days ago I noticed some grout around some tiles around the bath (used for showering had) eroded or cracked . I raked it out and regrouted. A few days later I saw it had cracked again. I then...
7
7

Operation and Failure mode of G9 Halogen bulb holders?
Hi all I have a cheap domestic ceiling lamp which holds G9 Halogen bulbs in three positions. One of these positions has gone faulty (ie. replacement known good bulb doesn't work) and I have been...

Shower cartridges
Hmm...there's a lot of 'em aren't there? I can see why they wouldn't be expected to have them all in stock. Not cheap either - in some cases almost to the point of it being worth replacing the whole...
7
7

Small-volume cheap'n'basic PCB fab
I quite often have the need to run off small volumes of trivial PCBs - adaptor from connector A to connector B, that sort of thing. Single sided without much drilling I can probably etch myself, but...
9
9

Sticking central heating valve (y-plan)?
Blimey, these things always happen over a cold weekend, don't they? Are the heads to Honeywell 3-port valves interchangeable? I know they are removable, mostly, but is a new one the same as one from...
13
13

Shower waste, no return valve
ISTR this has cropped up before but G groups was unhelpful. Not in the Wiki either:-) I am combining a shower waste with a basin waste for layout reasons. The basin waste will join through a *flowed*...
4
4

Baxi Wm38/3RS Room Thermostat
I inherited a BAXI when I moved house. It is connected to a 3-port motorised valve (activated when the Central Heating comes on), a Hot Water cylinder, a pump, and a timer control (POTTERTON EP20000)...
5
5

Re: Sexism gome mad
Not sexism gone mad; it's whinging tarts gone mad. BBC News - Rochester nightclub's cleavage stunt condemned
1
1

OT DoT Buries Bad News
It has passed virtually without comment. On budget day they announced that a new MOT has come into force. It now includes testing of all warning lights and sensors and even things like headlamp wash...
85
85

Plastic corrugated roofing
I have a 8x6 shed and building a framework so that I can have an extended covered area, I will be using platic corrugated sheet for the sloping roof. Is it possible to bend a lip at the high end to...
8
8

Safely Invest in Foreign Currencies Trading Now!
Dear Reader, Thank you for spending your precious time to read this article. We are seeking to raise our initial US$100,000.00 capital for trading currencies in the Forex (Foreign Currencies Exchange)...

Gas Fires
If you have one, might be a good idea to keep it so long as it doesn't need electricity to work it in these uncertain days.
3
3

Strange laptop behavior
S-i-L has just turned up with her laptop it has a problem there are half a dozen mini "displays" on the screen, or rather a "scroll" of them left and right Is it the video chip fuqt or is the re the...
9
9

Vaillant echo plus boiler
This morning, it was snowing and rather cold and the heating was not working. Despite trying everything, I gave up and phoned britishgas as we have a maintenance on tract with them. I could not...
3
3